41 || "YOU LEFT HER!"

Hawks' P.O.V.

Once we were a good distance away from the heroes, Shigaraki waved all of us to an abandoned warehouse.

Once we were all inside I placed Mr. Compress back on the ground in the middle of the large one-room building. He slapped my hands away from him when I loosened my grip. "How could you?!" He yelled at me.

All the heads in the room turned to us.

I backed away from Compress, he was clearly enraged that I stopped him from getting to Puppet. "Look, I'm sorry, Compress, sh-"

"YOU LEFT HER!" Compress snapped his fingers and a marble in his hand turned into a pistol. He pointed the barrel of the gun directly at me. I put my hands up in the air, I could easily disarm him with a feather, but I didn't want to anger him further.

"Compress wait-!" Shigaraki tried to step in.

"No! He left Puppet behind!" Compress spat. His hand with the gun began to shake as he gripped it tighter.

"That was her choice, not mine!" I yelled defensively, "She told me to get the League out then she pushed me away so she could hold back the heroes! I couldn't have stopped her if I tried!"

The room fell silent, no one moved and Compress didn't respond to me, he just pointed his gun at me with a shaky hand.

I sent one of my feathers over to him and guided his aim to the floor by lightly lowering his arm. He suddenly dropped his gun to the floor and fell to his knees, taking off his mask and placing it on the ground beside him. A sob escaped his mouth and tears fell from his eyes onto the floor, he was crying.

Twice approached Compress, "Oh man, you okay, Compress? Look at him, he's obviously not okay!"

"I said I would protect her, look out for her..." Compress mumbled. I felt bad for the guy, he did care deeply for her, anyone could see that.

Twice helped Compress stand up from the ground and walked him over to a box along the side of the room. Compress sat down on the box and rested his face in the palms of his hands, placing his elbows on his knees.

"You were supposed to warn us of any coming attack." My attention turned to Shigaraki as he stalked over to me, "What the hell happened?" He demanded.

"Yeah, what did happen?" Dabi's voice said from directly behind me.

The room fell silent as they waited for me to answer.

"I don't know." I breathed out, "They were supposed to tell me when they planned to attack... but they betrayed me."

"Well here's the one million dollar question..." Dabi spoke. I felt him walk up right behind me and one of his hands grazed my wings threateningly, making me tense.

"Who's side are you on?"