12 || "Fancy meeting you here."

Puppets P.O.V.

"Fancy meeting you here." Said a voice behind me, 'God dammit.'

I heard footsteps approaching my right.

"Who told you I was up here?"

"Kurogiri."

'Dammit Kurogiri.'

"I saw what you did this morning, it was all over the news." Hawks said.

"Mhm." I was unamused by him trying to make small talk.

"What do you want?" I asked bluntly. I turned to my right to face him.

He pointed at me with his gloved hand, "I want to know who the pretty lady behind the mask is."

'Wow, straight to the point,' I thought. 'Well too bad.'

"That's not for you to know, pretty boy." I turned back to look at the sun which was now setting, the sky was tinted a nice shade of orange.

"Well why not?" Hawks asked.

"People wear masks to hide their identity, if I were to tell you who I am it defeats the whole purpose." I said, "If you want to know who I am you're going to have to try harder than that."

"Is your hair natural?" He asked abruptly.

"Yes, why?"

"It's pretty."

'Is this idiot trying to flirt with me?!' "Hmph."

The sun was now behind a line of buildings and would go down behind them, so there wasn't much of a view anymore. I stepped back and walked over to the edge of the roof that the door to the bar was at, I looked down at the window to my room which was still open.

'I can swing in using my strings.' I thought.

"Whatcha lookin' at?" Hawks asked following me.

"That's none of your concern."

"Well I'll make it my concern." He poked me with a feather, "Whatcha lookin' at?"

I spun around and within a second I had strings wrapped around his neck. I pulled on the strings so his face was mere inches from mine. "You're lucky, if you weren't a member of the League... you would be dead right now." I said with force.

He had a smirk on his face. 'This cocky bastard.'

My strings were cut by a flying vermillion feather. "I probably would be." He agreed, stepping back and pulling the loose strings from around his neck.

"Tch." I turned around to the edge of the building and let some strings fall from my fingers and let them hook into the ground of the roof.

"What would you say if I took you out for coffee? Would you take off your mask to meet me?" He asked.

"No." I jumped off the roof and swung into the window leaving Hawks on the roof alone. Once I was in I quickly closed and locked the window behind me. The musty smell the room had earlier was almost gone, it was good enough for me, I was not going to open that window.

I left the room to go find Kurogiri and give him the 'what for' speech.
——

Hawks' P.O.V.

I was now standing alone on the rooftop. Not gonna lie I was a bit intimidated by what Puppet said.

'Her eyes are black with grey, pretty.' I hadn't seen her eyes up close before but they were beautiful. 'What would she look like without her mask? Probably really pretty.'

I mentally slapped myself, 'Dammit Hawks, stop thinking like that, you're on a mission.'

I walked over to the edge of the building and peered over it, the window Puppet had just swung into was now closed.

My stomach growled and I realized I haven't eaten dinner yet. I started to think of some restaurants. 'I'll just go to the KFC on my way back.' I thought as I took off from the roof.
——

Puppets P.O.V.

I walked down the stairs to the bar about to talk to Kurogiri.

"Why did you tell Hawks I was on the roof?" I asked bitterly.

"I thought it might be a good idea for you to socialize with our newest member." Kurogiri responded unfazed by my tone.

"I'm not a people person, you know that. And I certainly don't want to socialize with someone who's also the number two hero." I hissed.

"You seem to get along with Compress just fine, he's a showman which automatically makes him a people person." Shigaraki pointed out.

"Yes but when I want to have time alone, I expect to be alone." I said.

"My apologies," Kurogiri said. "I just thought what I did was correct."

'At least he can acknowledge his mistakes.' I thought.

"Fine, whatever. I'm going upstairs, don't come and get me unless the bar is burning down." I said sarcastically as I turned and went back up the stairs.