56 || Target in Sight

Puppets P.O.V.

Compress, Magne, and I were called down to meet with Shigaraki and Kurogiri. It was pretty late at night, around the time that I would usually go soul hunting.

"The plan is for Puppet to lure both Eraser Head and Present Mic to Magne and Compress who will be waiting at the planned area." Shigaraki told us, he turned to Kurogiri, "Give them the syringes."

Kurogiri walked up and handed each of us a syringe with a clear liquid inside.

"Once you get them there, sedate them and bring them back here." Shigaraki said.

"Coordinate and don't waste them, these are the only three I could get within the time span." Kurogiri added referring to the sedatives, "They are quick working and can be administered in any way."

"Get going and don't screw up." Shigaraki commanded.

Each of us nodded, showing our understanding. We all turned to the door and prepared to leave.

"Puppet." Shigaraki's voice said, I turned around to face him. "Don't get caught." He reminded me.

"Mhm." I rolled my eyes. I wouldn't be caught, I was sure of that. The only reason I got caught the first time was because I purposely stayed behind and put myself at risk to let the others get away.

I left the hideout and talked to Compress and Magne for a few minutes, planning the place where the three of us would meet up.

"Stick to the roles we were given." Compress reminded us, then he turned to me, "We'll see you in a bit my dear."

I nodded then left them and made my way onto the rooftops.

———

I killed a few people to get their souls as I waited. It had been around thirty minutes of me wandering around on the intricate rooftops of Shibuya waiting for at least Eraser to show up.

I was currently on one of the tallest buildings in the area, giving me a view of all the rooftops of the buildings below me. I caught a brief glimpse of someone in a dark suit jumping around alone. I recognized his hero costume all too well, Eraser Head.

As silently as possible, I jumped down to a lower rooftop and sat on its ledge. I was right in line with Eraser's path, so he would pass right by me.

I sat there and patiently waited for his arrival.
——

Third Person P.O.V.

Eraser Head continued on his path to locate Puppet. He heard a sound coming from a rooftop above him and to his left.

Puppet was sitting on the ledge of the building casually with her legs dangling off the side.

"Hiya, Eraser."

"Did you know I was coming?" He asked, choosing his words wisely to not let her know of the other hero hiding in wait. Unluckily for him, Puppet already knew Present Mic was somewhere around, but she would still have to act as if she didn't expect his appearance.

"No, I just saw you and thought I'd say hello." Puppet lied. She jumped down and landed a few yards away from the hero on the rooftop he was standing on, "Did you come looking for me?"

"Possibly." Eraser Head refused to disclose his intentions.

"That's a yes." Puppet smugly raised an eyebrow, "You wouldn't be this far from UA without a reason."

Eraser Head noticed that as they were talking Puppet was slowly walking around him to get him between her and the edge of the rooftop. She was subtly trying to gain the upper hand.

He erased her quirk, he wasn't going to let her get the jump on him.

"Hmm..." Puppet narrowed her eyes at him, "You're disappointing."

"Good." Eraser Head shot back.

A sudden burst of bright yellow sound waves came at Puppet. Her vision quickly turned away from Eraser Head to the direction of the sound waves.

Present Mic was using his quirk to yell at Puppet from atop a roof near her. It was now a two against one with the heroes having the numbers advantage. But Puppet had an advantage too; information.

"Shit.." Puppet mumbled as she jumped back to avoid the sound waves and get herself farther from both the heroes. She had no idea how much power Present Mic was willing to put into his yells, so she had to be careful.

Eraser Head heard her mumble and a slight smile appeared on his face, thinking they caught her by surprise- which of course wasn't true. Mr. Compress was right when he said Puppet was a good actress when she wanted to be.

Present Mic stopped yelling and let his vocal cords catch a break. He didn't know how long this chase would last, so he wasn't going to go all out within the first few minutes.

Puppet slowly backed up and watched as the two heroes followed her movements with their eyes. She kept walking back until she was right on the edge of the roof.

Puppet turned around and jumped onto another roof then broke into a full-on sprint.

Both Present Mic and Eraser Head chased after her, following her exact path, which would lead to be their fatal mistake.