𝟗𝟐. 𝐰𝐞𝐚𝐬𝐥𝐞𝐲 𝐢𝐬 𝐨𝐮𝐫 𝐤𝐢𝐧𝐠

✰✰✰

✰✰✰

The week before the Gryffindor vs Slytherin match was hell for the Gryffindor's. The Slytherins seemed determined to annoy them at every given opportunity. They'd made some changes to their team this year, as well as having a new captain and new beaters. They had also replaced Dan and Kaylee with chasers who seemed intent upon causing severe harm to the opposing team.

One of these new chasers hit Alicia with a jinx in the hallway while they were walking to class. Her eyebrows began growing rapidly and didn't stop until they practically covered her entire face. Elle had rushed the girl to Madame Pomfrey but when they complained to Snape he claimed Alicia did it to herself. It seemed their head of house was also getting into the competitive spirit.

It didn't help that Ron didn't seem to be improving a lot during the training practices. The last two showed signs of him bettering himself however he still wasn't Wood. In one practice he'd made an impressive save by rolling off his broom and kicking the quaffle the entire length of the pitch. The twins both claimed that they may stop pretending they weren't related to him.

✰✰✰

The morning of the match left Ron looking sicker than ever. When Elle and the twins entered the great hall they spotted him immediately looking as pale as a ghost which stood out vividly amongst his red hair. Elle looked over to the Slytherins who were jeering at the Gryffindor table. Elle flipped them off with a a smile before sitting opposite the twins and grabbing some toast.
"He'll be fine, won't he?" Elle muttered to the twins who both shrugged,

"I hope so, we need another win... it's out last year after all" Fred sighed, George agreed as he lightly topped his toast with sprinkled cinnamon.
Elle gazed back over to the Slytherin table who were still yelling to get Ron's attention. She heard Hermione telling him to ignore them. She noticed that the Slytherins were pointing to something on their robes... it looked like a badge.

Elle changed into her quidditch robes in anticipation. She had high hopes that they could win this game even though Ron wasn't the top keeper ever. She knew that Harry's seeker abilities shouldn't be undermined and after all it was usually catching the snitch that would win them the game.

The crowd cheered as both teams stepped out. Elle was sure she heard a distinct roar coming from the Gryffindor crowd. Montague was the new captain, he had a strong muscles build and had stance like a troll. As he shook hands with Angelina it seemed he was trying to break her hand. She however didn't retaliate. The new beaters were the same build, Elle recognised them as Crabbe and Goyle two cronies who usually followed Malfoy around.

It was obvious that the Slytherin team liked to go for size rather than skill, that was except for Malfoy however Elle assumed he'd got in based of money as he'd bought the entire team new brooms a few years back. Madame Hooch blew her whistle and the fourteen players in red and green soared up into the air.
The balls were released as the players got into their positions.