The Death Knight:

She opened the door to Jeritza's room slowly. In all honesty she had no idea what to expect, would Jeritza be in there? Should they expect to fight immediately?

But... Finding Manuela on the floor was not something she had anticipated.

Her outfit was stained red, was she injured? Byleth crept to the floor beside her and inspected her, "Professor Manuela is injured" she declared and looked to Ferdinand, his eyes wide in shock.

"We need to help her" Ferdinand stammered out, and right on cue the door to Jeritza's room swung open and the Blue Lions entered in.

"Woah, what happened here Byleth?" Sylvain questioned as he gazed at Professor Manuela, "Is she... Alright?" he asked.

Byleth nodded, "Yes, she is for now" she confirmed "We need to get her to the infirmary immediately, ah Dimitri can you carry her there please?" she asked.

The Prince looked hesitant, "Byleth I think it might be best if I stay here, you will need as many people as possible in case we have to fight in there" he concluded and pointed off behind Byleth.

She turned and finally saw the large gaping hole in the wall. How had she not noticed that initially?

Byleth was silent for a moment, "Give Ferdinand your lance and take Professor Manuela to the infirmary immediately" she commanded "After that alert the knight's Dimitri" she added.

Something flashed across his face for a brief moment, "Aright" Dimitri sighed then handed his weapon over to the Black Eagles student. "Be careful Byleth, all of you need to proceed with caution" he added sternly then leaned down to pick up Manuela then left from the room.

Silence fell over them.

"P-Professor... Are we going to go in there?" Bernadetta stammered out.

Felix shook his head at her, "Obviously, there's a good chance Flayn is in there" he retorted.

"What should we do Professor?" Dedue questioned.

She frowned then walked over to the passageway, "We should wait for the Knights" she began "But... Given the circumstances I don't think it is wise to hold off, come on everyone let's go investigate" she concluded.

"I agree" Ashe called out "If we don't go in there it will give the culprit an opportunity to flee" he added.

The Prince's Vassal stood beside her and peered into the passage, "I hear something from within" he murmured "If we are going to investigate, now would be the time".

Byleth nodded, "Yes, you're right" she said quietly then stepped into the passage.

She held her blade in hand as they walked ready to strike should Jeritza come forward and attack them.

"Professor Byleth!" Ingrid called out from behind her "I see Flayn! But... Who is that with her?" she murmured.

Byleth squinted and sure enough she saw two girls lying on the floor of the passage unconscious.

"Flayn!" Byleth yelled and ran forward to her, thank the goddess she was safe, she got down on her knees and began to lift Flayn. She was still breathing thankfully.

"Professor" Annette said in a small voice "I see someone coming... That scythe... Is that the knight from the Holy Mausoleum?!" she said in shock.

Byleth looked up and sure enough there he was. "You" the knight called out.

She frowned at him, "You are the one who took Flayn" she said sternly and shook her head, "I will end your life for what you have done" she snarled.