The Death of the Queen of Faerghus:

They had been in the Kingdom for two weeks. It hadn't actually crossed Byleth's mind that they would actually be staying there. She imagined that it would be one day that they stayed overnight and then first thing in the morning they were heading back to Garreg Mach.

But that did not happen.

For two weeks.

They had been in cold icy Faerghus, it had been a nice break from Byleth's duties for maybe the first three days, but she soon found herself longing to be back at Garreg Mach, eating fish with Flayn and Uncle Seteth.

At this point she would even guide a sermon without complaint, whatever it took to get her back to Garreg Mach... It feels wrong to be away from there.

No, it's not that it feels wrong, it's more that she doesn't really like Fhirdiad.

Or maybe she was just home sick.

Flayn had written to Byleth, she missed the older girl dearly. It was odd to think how dependent she'd become on Flayn now that she wasn't here. Byleth made a mental note to go fishing with her once she'd returned home.

Everything had been going well.

The Queen seemed to be healing.

The bags under the Kings eyes were less prominent, Byleth was glad he'd finally found ease.

And the Prince... Well he was still annoying there was no way that would change in two weeks.

These castle walls had started to suffocate her. Grandmother had said that it was up to her to decide who and when she is to marry but... It didn't feel that way her Grandmother's words rang cold in her mind countless times.

"I trust that when you do marry it will no doubt be for the best of the Church of Seiros".

That's what she had said.

It felt wrong and confining to have to think of such things, she's only a child.

But... It was her duty to do what was best for the Church.

Byleth knew that.

It didn't change her opinion on the Prince though.

He was still annoying.

She may be forced to marry him, but that doesn't mean she has to like him.

Well, that's the conclusion she comes to anyways one late night.

She had been turning in already for the night when she was disturbed by the sounds of shouting outside the hall of her quarters.

Byleth sat up swiftly, oh goddess the castle is under attack isn't it?

She gets up from her bed and creeps to the door to listen to the noises outside.

It sounds like women shouting, not the guards so maybe it isn't an attack? Then what in Sothis's name is going on?

Byleth creeps open the door a tiny bit to see what is going on, Grandmother's door is wide open and Byleth can see two women speaking with her.

She can't make out what they are saying exactly but she is certain she hears the Queens name mentioned.

Grandmother takes off and Byleth swings open her room door. "Grandmother" Byleth calls out, and Lady Rhea stops to look at the child "Is everything alright?".

Grandmother is quiet for a moment, "It's late Byleth" she said sternly "Get to bed now" she adds sternly then continues on her path to wherever it is that she is needed at this hour.