Barricade x Reader

Happy Valentine's Day!

This oneshot takes place in Chicago!

-
Barricade grumbled and rested his helm onto his servo. His elbow rested onto the metal, round table. In front of him was a letter. It was tucked neatly inside a white envelope with a heart sticker that kept the envelope closed. He was fighting with himself whether or not he wanted to give the letter to a certain someone.
He finally got up after a while of examining the letter and went outside.

Transforming, he turned his sirens on and began to drive around the large city of Chicago. He kept the letter safe on the passenger seat as he drove around. Just as he was beginning to clear his thoughts of the whole "human holiday" thing, he saw a/an a/m (alt mode). He grumbles and turned left to avoid the a/m. But that didn't work.

"Hey, Barricade! Happy Valentine's Day!" I said joyfully.
"I don't understand why this holiday is so important. It's useless." Barricade replies grimly. With the screech of metal on metal, he was back into his bipedal form. I changed into mine, as well.
"Aw, come on. It's fun! Besides, you get an entire day to have an actual reason to spoil your special someone." Barricade hid the letter and looked away.
"Tch, sounds like any other stupid day to me."
"You just need to get into the holiday spirit. Here!" I gave him a heart-shaped box of chocolates.
"Uh- Thanks?" He was thinking about the letter and decided against it.

~

The next day, Barricade woke up and saw the letter laying on his berthside table. He growled and grabbed it with force, then attempted to rip it, but something inside him told him not to. He continued to wake up and go to the main room.

~

"I kind of wish I got something for Valentine's Day..." I said to Starscream, Barricade and Skywarp.
"You mean you didn't get Lord Megatron's "Valentine's Day gift"?" Starscream asked. I shook my helm.
"What was it?"
"A plan to overthrow Optimus Prime."
I nodded and noticed Barricade's uneasy state.
"You okay?"
"Fine."

~

The more Barricade heard others' gifts they got, the more he felt guilty. He felt like he ruined Valentine's Day.

~

"Y/n, may we speak together in private?" Barricade asked.
I nodded, "sure, what's up?" He walked me to his room and held the slightly wrinkled letter.
"You do have a gift, I was just... not ready to show you." He spoke shakily. I gasped and grinned.
"Can I open it?" He nodded and gave it to me.

~ Dear Y/n
Yes. I hate this. You know I hate this. But I guess I'm just trying to be a good friend and say happy Valentine's Day, or whatever. Have a flower
- Barricade ~

I picked up the colorful flower and smiled.
"I love it..." I admitted. His cheeks turned a shade of blue.
"I also admire you." I blushed, this time.
"I admire you, too!" He smiled and leaned down to kiss my dermas sweetly.
"Happy late Valentine's Day."
-
S o f t 🥺

520 words