Graham x Shy!Reader

⚠️ NERDING OUT, NERD-LANGUAGE, TALK OF QUANTUM MECHANICS, MAKING OUT ⚠️

I walked to the firehouse, my crossbody bag full of books and papers swung across me. I bit my lip nervously as I hesitantly knocked on the front door. I was really hoping for only Graham to answer, but it was Charlie. I took a step back and he smiled sweetly.
"Hey, you must be Y/n! You're here to study with Graham, right?" I nodded and smiled shyly.
"Come right in, he is in his room." I went inside and went to his room, knocking before entering.
When I entered, I saw him sitting at his desk, books and papers on quantum mechanics scattered about on the tabletop.
"H-hey, Graham." I smiled.
"Hello! Ready for some study help?" I nodded and sat on his bed, but asked before doing so. He frowned slightly at the question. Was it not normal to ask to sit on someone else's bed? He sat next to me, bringing his homework and books along.
"What questions do you not understand?" He asked with a kind smile. I shifted to move closer to him to see the book that was open on his lap better.
"Number 3." I replied quietly.
"What are the four quantum mechanics?" He read off the textbook and I bit my lip nervously.
"Hey, it's okay if you don't know. I'm your tutor and friend. I'm here to help." I nodded and said some stupid, random answer.
"Sorry, no. You see, the first one is quantization of certain physical properties because you are mapping out the data onto a graph or.. better words, you're making a model of it. The next one is quantum entanglement. Do you know what that is?" I erased my answer I had written onto my homework and changed it, then shook my head.
"If you didn't understand this when it was being taught, why didn't you ask the professor?" I let out a shaky sigh.
"I-I was shy, I guess... I didn't want people knowing I didn't understand simple things that everyone else understands." He gently wrapped his arm around me and gave me a side hug.
"It's okay to be shy and not know something. I'm self-conscious when on Huxley Prescott's camera, but I still get my work done." I knew he meant well, but I just felt more guilty. I got up from his bed and moved to his window, looking out of it. The scenery in front of me was blurred by tears I didn't realize were there.
"Y/n?" I trembled and let my tears fall loose. I flinched when Graham put his hand onto my shoulder, gently rubbing it.
"Are you alright?"
Looking at the sad expression on his face only made me cry more.
"No!" I yelled. He flinched at the sudden tone and put his hand down.
"I'm sorry if I-"
"No, don't apologize! I'm just... I need to stop being so shy." He looked down and looked back at his bed where our papers and books were.
"Tell you what, I have an idea that may work for you and me." I looked back at him.
"What..?"
"Study with me... every time you are confused, we can set up a study meeting." I felt my cheeks get hot and hugged him, blushing more when he hugged back.
"I'd like that."
He smiled and we went back to studying.
"So you do not understand quantum entanglement?"
I shook my head.
He smiled and flipped a few pages in the textbook to find the page on quantum entanglement.
"It's a phenomenon that occurs when a pair or group of particles are interacted, generated, or share spatial proximity in a way where the quantum state of the particles in the pair or group cannot be described independently of the state of the others, including when the particles are separated by a large distance." I stared at him with a blank expression.
"What?"
"Basically, entangled particles remain connected so that actions performed on one affect the other, even when separated by great distances." I gasped as I began to understand.
"That makes sense! Why couldn't they just say that instead of that whole 5 paragraph?"
He smiled and pecked my forehead, making me freeze.
"Because it would be too easy for some."
I smiled.
"Go on, then."
He continues on, mainly using the long explanations, which made me groan.
"Grahamm, just read it like you're reading a bedtime story to a toddler!" He chuckled, but denied my request.
"Sorry, can't do that. If you're going to understand it, you're going to have to understand the long version of it."
I sighed.
He grabbed my hand and continued reading. I grumbled, then kissed him right on the lips. His face flushed red and his eyes widened, but eventually he kissed back.
He moved the textbook off his lap and brought me closer as the kiss began to get heated ever so slightly. He licked and nipped my bottom lip and eventually I gave in. He then moved to kiss my neck, then gently pushed me down onto his bed. He straddled me and I undid his tie, letting it sit around his shoulders, then unbuttoned the top two buttons on his shirt. He stopped and blushed heavily.
"I'm so sorry, I didn't mean for it to escalate like that..." he stuttered out. I blushed and kissed him again, then he smiled.
"Let's continue with your homework."
-
918 words :)