Injured!Rodimus x Medic!Reader

Hah, got a lil inspiration from a Transformers game~ (except I changed the character to Rodimus)

Rodimus lunged himself at a Decepticon turret system, lowering the health of the gun a little bit. I could tell the leader I looked up to was beginning to struggle with completely shutting down the system. I ran over to him and saw he had fresh blood on his face and pretty much all over his body. 

"Rodimus, you really need to get back to the shuttle. You'll really hurt yourself-" I tried to reason with the stubborn leader, but he shook his helm.

He told me, "I have to be as good as Optimus." This made me want to take his servo and drag him to the shuttle, but instead, I frowned and my cheeks burned with anger.

"Rodimus! You are as good as Optimus! Better, even! Please, get back to safety! I will deal with the turret system." Just as Rodimus was going to reply with something probably snarky, he was shot in the abdomen, causing him to inhale sharply and fall to the hard ground. I quickly, without much thinking, moved Rodimus inside the shuttle and onto a medical bed. He grunted when I attempted to gently set him down. With a servo on his wound, he looked at me. He held a look of guilt.

"I should ha-..have listened to you.." I shook my head and quickly moved to grab materials needed to stop the bleeding and cover the wound. As I did this, I felt the blue optics of Rodimus burn through my frame. Once I grabbed the materials, I rushed to Rodimus's side and slowly held onto his chest and back to lift him up so he was sitting. More blood flowed like a waterfall from his abdomen, and I took the chance to clean and wrap the wound. Every now and then, Rodimus would flinch or wince at my contact and I'd mutter an apology.

~

Once I finished, Rodimus grunted when he stood on his pedes. He stumbled a little and started to fall forward, causing me to have to catch him before he hit the ground.

"Easy, easy.." I said softly. Rodimus winced and I found my arms wrap gently around his waist, being sure to not harm the injury. 

I heard a hard sigh and looked up to Rodimus. He looked very upset, like he just ruined his life.

"I shouldn't have-..Y/n,..I'm...Am I a bad leader?" At this point I nearly dug too hard into the robotic flesh-like metal. 

"You're not a bad leader! You're amazing, I really look up to you, and that's not because you're my friend, it's because you show such great leadership, even Optimus can't beat that." Rodimus surprised me by pressing his dermas to the top of my helm. 

Catching me off guard like that, he proceeded to pull me closer. His gaze was stern and he held a soft hue on his cheeks, which were cut up and bloody. Gently, I placed a servo on his cheek and stroked the scarred metal. His leaned into my touch and closed his optics, seeing his stern expression turn into one of relaxation.

"I really do look up to you, Rodimus..." I whispered. I got closer, soon being chassis to chassis with the tall prime.

"You seem to be the only thing keeping me going... I am very grateful." Rodimus told me. I grinned and couldn't help but lean up and kiss him. He held onto my waist and held me while kissing back after 2 seconds of the new feeling. We closed our optics and enjoyed the kiss for as long as we can. 

"How long have you felt like this?" Rodimus said with a head tilt.

"For a while.." Rodimus hugged me and smiled.

"Thank you for all of this," He told me. I smiled and nodded.

"Anything for my amazing leader."

-

641 words