Starscream x Reader

Art by me

I grinned at my friend, who only scowled.
"Why do we always get assigned together? Why not anyone else?" I chuckled at the angry mech and skipped into the energon mine.
"Come on, Screamer! It will be fun!"
"It will be fun, they say, you'll totally not get injured if this stupid mine falls, they say..." he grumbled. I laughed and he walked in after me.
"How much do we have to investigate?" He asked with his wings and arms slumping forward and a cute pout on his lips. I looked at the instructions on a hologram thing I had. 
'Search the whole mine for new energon veins' it read.
"We gotta search the whole mine." He groaned and rested his helm on the rock wall. The wall cracked and fell, revealing a secret path. He had the same expression I had; shock.
"What the... Screamer! You just found a passage no one has found before!" I congratulated.
"Good, maybe Megatron can finally recognize my excellence." I smiled and allowed him to lead.
"What is this place....?" He asked in awe. With his helm pointed towards the glowing ceiling, he decided it'd be a good time to hold my hand. He touched me and yelped in surprise when golden sparks flew from the two of us.
"What was that?!" We yelled. We touched each other again, digit meeting digit, and sparks flew again. We kept our digits touched and just watched the sparks.
"What the heck?"
"I don't understand... why are there sparks coming from our hands?!" He yelled in frustration and confusion. I curiously touched his leg with my hand and he jumped. More sparks.
"Maybe..." I touched his wings, "it's coming from..." I touched his cheeks, "the core, or center, of this..." I stroked his arm. "Cave..."
"STOP TOUCHING ME, YOU DUNCE!" He yelled, shaking the cave. Sparks were all over the place. Cascading like a waterfall. Except more golden colored and hot.
"Well, let's get to the core of this blasted place and see what is happening?" He suggested with curious brows.
"Okay!" I skipped and he groaned at the excitement.

~

When walking with Starscream, I'd occasionally surprise him by poking him and zapping him with the sparks.
"Stop that." He'd beg, but I didn't stop.
"It's fun- ouch!" He zapped me, which surprised me and made me trip on a rock on the cave floor.
"That's what you get for not stopping!" I frowned and had tears welling up.
"S-Screamer I'm sorry... I'm just trying to have fun..."
"I'm not having this..." he grumbled. He also had watery eyes.
"Ever since we've gotten to this place I've felt like Megatron set us up! Don't you understand that we are equally ranked?" Starscream told me with a shaky voice.
"What do you mean? You're second in command... while I'm still in my second year of training." He growled.
"No! I mean Megatron hates us!" I flinched at is harsh words and got up and ran away. Starscream clenched his servos tightly and punched the rock wall.

~

I ran fast and tripped over an energon ore stuck in the ground. I ended up scratching the metal on my knees and seeing fresh energon seeping from the scratches.
"I can't call for Starscream... ouch.." I told myself. I got up and forced myself to run despite the screaming pain my legs were sending me. I ran until I ended up falling. I whimpered held my legs.

~

Punching the wall in frustration, I swear I heard Y/n yelp in pain a few times. I did see her fall... but she was too far away. And I'm sure she wouldn't need my help after all this. I wiped my tears away from my eyes and sighed. Better go help her.

~

A shock surprised me and golden specks of hot light filled my teary vision. I saw a blur of red and blue and I blinked away the tears that obscured my vision and I saw Starscream standing above me. He had grabbed my hand despite the shocks of the sparks, and pulled me up.
"If we are going to get anything done, we need to...Ugh...work together." He told me. I wobbled and fell forward into his chest where my cheek caused sparks to appear in the dark cave.
"My legs hurt..I fell and scratched them on energon ore..." he leaned down and made me sit down on a rock ledge. He cleaned my wounds and kissed them like a mother does to her child when they get hurt.
"Thank you."
"Mhm. Now let's explore more." As the sparks lit up the dark cave, we carried on.

~

After we found the new areas for energon, we left cave. Holding my hand, we went to Megatron. We still did not know what was causing our spark issues. We thought it was the core of the cave, but it was not.
"You've returned already?" We had let go of each other's hands and glared at Megatron.
"Look what happened." We touched digits like before and sparks once again flew. Megatron has a strangely curious look.
"What is that?"
"Sparks..." I answered before Starscream could open his mouth.
"We don't understand why this is happening, and clearly you can't give us reasonable answers either! Come on, let's go to Shockwave." I waved a small goodbye to our leader and got pulled along with Starscream. When we made it to Shockwave, he immediately recognized the problem.
"So... what is it?"
"It's called Spark Attract. It is where when you touch someone with the same chemicals of love you share, sparks show up. Are you aware of the saying 'sparks flew'? It is like that, except literal. Soon, if they try not to touch each other, they soon find they are going to be stuck to the other person. Like a magnet!" Shockwave explained. I made a poker face and realized Starscream had intertwined our hands.
"Is there a cure?" The purple scientist looked towards Soundwave.
"...yes, but it is... not fully tested. You'd be risking a lot."
"At this point what else is there to risk? Are you up for it, Screamer?" He nodded.
"I am. I am sick and tired of sparks and annoying shock- ow!" I poked him again, shocking him.
"Like that?"
"Yes! Like that!" He growled. I laughed and walked to Soundwave who handed us two corked tubes with odd liquid inside.
"What's in this, Sounds?" I asked the blue mech who towered over me.
"Ingredients: 10% energon, 15% H2O, rose petals (red dye), rose petals (blue dye), olive oil, 1% alcohol, Cybertronian latex sap, 16% motor oil, 20% break fluid, 30% coolant oil, 8% premium car gas." So pretty much it's a mix of everything.
"Oh boy. Here we go..." Starscream already downed his and I downed mine. We nervously touched our digits together and found we weren't creating sparks or being attracted to one another.
"It works!" I cheered. Shockwave was happy, from what I could tell, and Soundwave made a small cheering sound play from his recordings.
"Now that we won't hurt each other..." I kissed Starscream and he stumbled a little.
"Thank you for coming back to save me." He stuttered.
"I couldn't just have left you." Shockwave and Soundwave snickered.
Starscream kissed me sweetly and hugged me. It felt so good to not shock each other. But we did suffer minor heat damage, nothing Knockout couldn't fix.

-
1250 words