Chase x Criminal!Reader

I ran faster as the sirens echoing off the city buildings seemed to get closer. I held the bag of tech close to me as I ran into a small garage-like building.
"I got the materials, unfortunately, I have company!" Evan and Myles, my friends, quickly pushed me inside and closed the door.
"All that matters is that you got what we need." Myles told me. I smiled and gave them the bag, then sat down and sighed.
"What if they find us?" I asked with slight concern laced in my voice.
"Don't worry. They can't find us if they can't see us. This base has a special force field around it, making it appear invisible." I smiled at Myles and saw Evan carefully spill the tech from the bag.
"Just don't leave for about a day, they will forget about this and go on to their stupid rescue stuff." I nodded and went through a small door, leaving it open. It was my room. It had a small bed, a window, and a bedside table. That was it. Bland. I sighed heavily and sat on my bed, then winced when I felt a stinging feeling on my leg. My gaze fell to my leg and I saw that it was red and had puncture marks. The police tried to spike strip me when driving, I didn't see the spike strip wire when I jumped out of my car and began running. The adrenaline must have canceled it out until now. I winced in more pain as I saw how bloody it was.
"You alright?" I heard Myles ask from the other room.
"Em, yeah, just.. they spike stripped me and I didn't see it when I ran off..." Myles came over to me and sat next to me.
"May I see?"
Only I knew this side of Myles. He was a loser, but he could be really sweet at times. I nodded and he smiles gently as he grabbed a first aid kit that was near my bed. He gently cleaned and wrapped my wounds, then pecked my cheek sweetly.
"Hope that helps."
"It did.. thank you." I realized the once bright and sunny sky was now a shifting dark blue and grey. I saw a raindrop scatter across my window and then it began to downpour.
"How long does this force field last?" I asked Myles, who seemed scared for a moment.
"Dry, 10 hours. Wet, 5 minutes..." gasping, I quickly went to hide. Myles went to me and hugged me reassuringly.
"We are criminals, a little police bot won't stop us!" I sighed shakily and tried to believe him.
"Fine.. Fine..."
"Get some rest. I'll make sure no one gets in." I laid down on my bed and smiled at Myles.
"Thanks, Myles. Night."
"Night."

~

I woke up and found myself in a new area. Boy, Myles sure didn't keep his promise, did he?
"Where am I?!" I yelled.
"You're at the firehouse, just calm down." An older man told me. He had silver hair with blue eyes. He had a few wrinkles and he was wearing a police uniform.

Dang it...

"Who are you?"
"Chief Burns."
"Chief-... oh. I see what is going on." He nodded and I saw the police bot that was chasing me yesterday.
"Hey, you were chasing me."
"That is correct. I saw a law being broken and I took action." I kept my gaze up towards the bot, soon learning his name was Chase.
"Honestly, Chief, I think you got the wrong person."
"Do I? Then what happened to your leg? Those look like spike strip marks." I froze and tried to hide my leg.
"How do you know I stole the tech?"
"Griffin Rock security. Doc's new security system." I remembered the claws trying to grab me and stop me in my tracks.
"Oh, and also standard security cameras." He added. I frowned and sighed.
"Fine, you caught me.. lock me up, I don't care at this point." Chief Burns smiled slightly.
"Unfortunately, I won't be doing that. You will be joining me on my next patrol trip."
"Wait, What?" He chuckled and smiled.
"You're new in Griffin Rock, aren't you?"
I nodded and felt Chase pick me up.
His yellow optics made me stare at him for a few seconds.

~

I stared at the dashboard as Chase drove down the street. I yelped as he tightened the seatbelt, making me snap out of my thoughts.
"What?!"
"I asked if you wanted to take a detour to skip the heavy traffic."
I sighed and smiled.
"Yeah, yeah.. that would be okay."
"...10 minutes ago."
"What?"
"I asked you if you wanted to take the detour 10 minutes ago." I bit my lip in embarrassment.
"Sorry.."
"Are you well?"
"Yeah, I was thinking of how we met and how much I've changed as a person." He smiled and turned, then went off the road a bit to a clearing and transformed.
"You have changed a lot."
"I still miss Evan and Myles sometimes."
"That is logical. You can visit them anytime in prison."
I laughed softly and leaned on him.
"Thanks, Chase."
He pecked me quickly and hugged me.
"I believe I have strong feeling towards you." He responded.
"I love you too."
-
Fluff!!!
887 words :)