We're on our way!~ We're on our way!~ [12]

F

Luz explained that she was only going to be gone for three days, meaning she'd return on the day of the dance. She had everything ready anyways, so she could take a break. She already did all her homework, gave designs to Edric, made a list of chores for the woman who would be caring for the house, and said goodbye to Boscha and Viney who decided to stay with Joey, and goodbye to her pets.

Not Prince and Nero, the other ones. Venom, Mattias, Rose, Jeremy and Piranha (Willow's plants), Gator, Flash (Amity's tortoise), Pierre, and like three bugs she saw on the curb. Luz hadn't told Amity, she simply forgot to mention it, so the Blight didn't know where Luz was.

The witchling, Prince, Nero, and Camilla all left the night before, the group still waiting at the airport. Luz swung her feet back and forth as she waited for Camilla to return with a small meal. Prince huffed, Luz taking a peek at his cage, "What's wrong?"

"I'm a good boy! I don't deserve this!" He whined, shaking in his crate.

Nero hopped off Luz's shoulder, going to the ground, "I'll go in with you." He mewed.

Luz opened the crate, Nero slipping in, Luz closing it behind him. Nero curled up by Prince's paws, the mutt hesitantly laying his head back down. "I hate being tiny.." Prince mumbled, being at least four times the size of Nero's relatively small form.

"Sorry, but you had to meet the planes requirements." Luz mumbled. "I don't want you guys being home alone, in the belly of the plane, or with a sitter. When we get there, I'll change you back okay?"

Prince let out a growl like whine, "Okay Luz.."

Camilla came back, offering Luz a ham and cheese sandwich, the witch happily taking it, "Thank you."

"You're welcome. But get your things, I know they'll call us in a bit."

Luz nodded, getting her bag, putting it over her shoulder and getting up. She put her sandwich in her mouth, wheeling the carriage to their take off station. Right as they got there, the woman placed the sign for the seat lanes down. "Just a minute, need to make the call." She said, pressing a button on the stand.

Three chimes went on, many people hushing up to hear this, "Flight to. Guadalajara. Now boarding. D 32." It repeated two more times before it returned to the ads.

Humans gathered and filed in the line, Luz taking a mask out of her pocket, taking her sandwich out of her mouth, and putting her mask on, Camilla doing the same with her own. Earlier, both ladies heard many people coughing, Luz, being prepared, got masks for both of them.

Neither wanted to get sick. The lady unclipped the weird extendy thing that blocked off the entrance to the plane, holding her hand out. "Need your passport, and seat ticket."

Camilla handed her both, the woman scanning them, returning the objects. "Thank you for flying with us, have a safe trip." She smiled.

Luz wrapped her sandwich up, putting it in her chest pocket, taking the travel suitcase the pets were in. She carefully dragged it down the little slope, the group reaching to where they boarded the plane. "Are they trained?" The man there asked.

"Mhm!" Luz nodded. "The doggie is Prince, Prince, say hi."

He barked cheerfully, Nero quietly hissing at him for the sudden scare. "The kitty cat is Nero,"

The kitten purred, peeking up at the man. "If you wouldn't mind, get them on a leash or carry them to your seats. Ticket."

Camilla handed the seating tickets back, the man ohing, "Your stuffie will be returned to you in just a second, wait here please." He said, bowing, and heading to the back of the plane.

Luz opened up the crate, both pets carefully coming out, sitting properly by Luz. Another man came over, taking the pet carrier with wheels, folding it properly, putting a sticker on it, and sliding it to the door by them that led to the bags boarding area.

Prince let out a small whine, looking up at Luz, the witchling sighing. "He wants to know if he can give you a hug mister." Luz spoke softly, looking up at the man.

"Uh..Sure..?"

"Hold your hands out for him, if you wouldn't mind." Luz said.

He hesitantly held out his arms, Prince letting out a cheerful bark, pouncing on him, putting his front paws on the man's shoulders. The mutt nuzzled him, sniffing out his shirt, "Eternity for men-" He sniffed him out. "Had pizza this morning- Rat! He has a pet rat!"

Prince's tail wagged swiftly, "I never knew being a porter was this cool--" The man muttered, holding Prince up, putting him back down as more passengers arrived.

*Someone who takes your luggage at an airport, train station, or hotel who's paid to take your belongings, is called a porter

Prince sat back down, his tail wagging furiously behind him as he continued to gaze at the porter. The other one came back, handing Luz Amilotl, the witchling happily taking it back. "Thank you so much!" Luz smiled.

He tipped his hat, moving aside for them, "Welcome aboard, if you need help finding your seats, just ask."

Camilla nudged Luz forward, the witchling patting her thigh, leading the way on to the middle area of the plane. The first two classes have already board, as they were the most expensive and proper people sat there. "Thirteen, Luz."

The witch glanced up at the number- ed rows, stopping at one, "May I have window?"

Camilla nodded. Luz carefully slipped down the aisle, sitting down, putting her luggage below the seat in front of her. Amilotl hopped up in to her lap, putting its front paws on the window while Nero and Prince shared the middle seat. Camilla took aisle seat after putting her bag above, adjusting how she sat.

Prince lifted her arm rest up, laying his head down in Camilla's lap, Nero curling up by Luz. "I feel like I spoil you too much Prince." Camilla sighed, patting his head.

"You definitely do." He yipped, his tail lightly thumping on the seat.

As more and more people boarded the plane, Luz had finished her sandwich, so she got some candy she made the day before when she wasn't with Amity. After eating a twelfth (¹/12) of it, she realized, she'd never finish these. So she pressed the blue button, a steward coming over, "What may I help you with?" He asked.

Luz held up her bag of candy, "It's not a real emergency, but I realized I could not finish my candy, would you perhaps like some?" Luz asked.

"Actually yes, I'm a bit low on blood sugar." He said, holding his hand out.

Luz poured a handful in, the steward carefully eating candy until he finished it, "As a vet who had to study with actual nurses, I say you drink some water after so you don't get your sugar too high if the candy gets in your teeth."

"It's okay Ms.Noceda, these don't have much sugar in it, just enough to taste sweet. It's actually rather healthy! Would you like more?" Luz asked, offering him the bag.

He pressed the button two more times, a hostess coming over a bit confused, "You're already here, what's the issue?" She asked.

"Candy?"

"I'm on a diet, I told you this." She frowned.

"It's healthy." Luz chimed in. "There's barely any sugar, only enough to make it sweet! I have other ones you can try if you want?"

The steward nodded, the hostess taking some of the tiny candies, pouring just a bit in her mouth. She hesitantly chewed, before humming quietly, "That's good. Thanks."

Luz smiled sweetly, a little bell going off, "Oh, take off time, thank you but we have to get to our places." She said, taking the bag of candy and going to the back.

The witchling handed the steward two different types of candies, the male happily taking it and scurrying to the back. A voice came on the speakers, "Please take your attention to the front of the plane. We are getting ready to take off."

To be continued.