It's not a date. [20 part 3]

E
Okay, so far so good, Amity- Clara wasn't screwing with Luz and didn't make fun of her. "Then she said I was being rude but I didn't understand why, she started it!" Luz exclaimed, sighing sharply, sipping on her hot carob cocoa.

Clara shook her head slowly, "I think she means the way you said it." Clara said, taking a sip of her iced tea before going on. "You weren't being rude, just how you produced your justice."

Luz frowned, "I guess that makes some sense.."

"Heh, some?"

"Yes some." Luz mocked. "I was totally in the right!"

Clara shrugged, "You shouted at her first, maybe she just wants at least a small apology?"

Luz paused, "Yeah maybe..Anyways, got anything juicy?"

Clara hummed, thinking if Luz was worthy of the gossip. "I kinda thought you were a weirdo at first."

"I am, thank you for noticing." Luz said smugly.

Clara scoffed, then she giggled, shaking her head slowly. "It's just..Uh- Heh you're so stupid-" Clara cleared her throat. "Since I'm in cheer, everyone tries to ask me out. Since summer school started, I've been asked out..One thousand and forty..Eight? Nine times?"

"Ouch, let me guess. The boys invite you out multiple times a month? Even if they're the same boy?"

Clara nodded, putting her iced tea down. "One guy, Carl?"

"Oh nooo.." Luz whined. "Not him.."

Clara nodded, "Seventeen times."

"In an hour."

"In ten minutes!"

Luz gasped, "HOW?!"

"I DON'T KNOW!! I WAS WORKING ON MY HOMEWORK, NEXT THING I KNOW THIS CREEP IS HANDING ME FLOWERS AND ASKING ME OUT!"

"WELL WHAT DID YOU SAY?"

"I SAID I'LL THINK ABOUT IT! THEN HE CONTINUED ASKING UNTIL I PUNCHED HIM IN THE FACE AND SAID NO!"

The duo sat in silence before they cracked, and started laughing. "D-Did you knock him out?" Luz lightly laughed, wiping away her tears.

Clara nodded, "He said I had strong form then he fell back.."

"Bloody nose?"

"Bloody nose."

Luz shook her head slowly, clearing her throat, "Geez Louise..I'm not sure if I should be laughing or creeped out. Carl is a lot.."

Clara nodded, "Really is. Came to me the next day, apologized."

"Then asked you out."

"Then he asked me out."

"I knew it."

Clara sighed, "But yeah, I thought you were trying to ask me out on a date. You're not the only gal who's tried."

"You may be my type but I would get to know you first before asking you out." Luz said softly. "Not only is it how I'm supposed to fall in love, I'm at least being polite to be your friend first even if you decline me in the future."

Clara leaned back in her chair, Luz glancing back up at her, "Got the hots for anyone Luz?"

The witchling nodded, "She has a boyfriend though. But she gets mad at me when I'm with other people and don't tell her. Isn't that weird?"

Clara nodded, "Maybe she likes you back but doesn't know how to show it. Ask her about it. Who is she anyways?"

"You wouldn't know her."