Bark. [48]

O

Saturday morning, February twelfth.

Luz was outside in the grass, talking with the wolf and Mortimer. "I made it here before her." The wolf said, drinking some of the water Luz brought out.

"That so?"

"Yeah, I was an hour ahead."

Luz ohed. "Do you have a name?"

The wolf paused. "Call me Ari."

RoyaltyRoy25 thanks for the name!

Luz hummed. "Ari..Okay!" Luz smiled. "I've been calling you Wolfie in my head."

Mortimer squeaked, pawing at Ari, looking up. The wolf looked up, then rose, "Lunch."

The osprey screeched, then dove, Mortimer scrambling in between Ari's feet. Luz grabbed the osprey by it's talon, making it screech and mess up it's flapping pattern. "Hey!" It cawed.

"Let's make you a snack!" Ari panted, so close to biting the bird.

Luz pulled it down in to her lap, the osprey flapping frantically, panicking. "I'm going to die- Bye kids- Couldn't push you out the nest but that's all right--"

"Hey- Hey hey- Calm down-" Luz shushed it, grabbing it's beak.

The osprey let out muffled chirp, Luz pulling a thorn out it's wing, letting it go. The osprey flew up, Ari nipping at her, missing again. "Damn! Missed it!"

Mortimer nuzzled in between Ari's legs, letting out a nervous squeak. "I got you covered man, don't worry."

"And I've got you covered. Quite literally."

Ari lowered herself, "Bear." Ari hesitantly greeted.

Honey walked past her, laying by Luz, the witch patting her side. "Dog." Honey returned the greeting. "Witch, how are you?"

Luz pat Honey's head, "Where's the kid? Home?"

Honey shook her head. "Relative?"

She nodded. Luz hugged Honey's muzzle, the bear pushing Luz down, licking her face. Luz giggled, letting Honey go, wiping off her face. The group fell silent when they heard a soft jingling inside, then the three words (plus one) Luz loved to hear, after I love you of course. "Luz, I'm home!" Amity called out.

"In the back!" Luz called back.

The backdoor opened fully, Amity coming out, closing the door slightly, walking over. "Hey Honey~ Wolf I still hate, Saph. Saph?"

*Saph's full name is Sapphire

The bunny froze, looking up at Amity, then scampering in to the bushes. "Heh?- Mortimer!" Ari got up, rushing in to the bushes. "Come back it's dangerous!"

"Why'd you say Saph?" Honey huffed.

"That's Cheryl's bunny! I was just over at her house because she found one of my phones at the store." Amity sat down. "Saph was in her cage, then Cheryl let her outside.."

Luz picked up her water, drinking some, then putting it down. "I already knew Saph was Mortimer." Luz said softly. "It was pretty obvious."

"Well I didn't know because I didn't know Cheryl had a pet."

Luz leaned against Amity, the human pulling the witch over, kissing her head. "Where's Lucky?"

^°•^°•^°•^°•^°•^°•^°•^°•^°•^°•^°•^°•^°•^

Ari came back alone and with news. "Mortimer's..A girl!" She barked.

"Yeah we know." The three said in unison.

Ari sat with a thud, pouting. "He- She told me she was a guy.."

"And you believed her." Honey said.

"Well yeah..They certainly smelled like a guy."

"Trans human." Amity said, sipping on her tea.

Ari paused. "Y'know, that does explain a lot actually--" Ari growled quietly, dragging herself to the trio, plopping down in front of Honey. "I'm such an idiot.."

"You sure are." Honey blew raspberry in Ari's face.

The wolf wiped her face, whining. "I haven't eaten either.."

Ari fell silent, her ears perking up. The backdoor creaked open a bit, Big Bird squeezing out. He chirped, then scurried to Amity, nuzzling her thigh. Ari pounced, Amity kicking her jaw, "DON'T YOU DARE TOUCH MY SON."

Honey let out a huff, covering her muzzle. Big Bird screeched at Ari, the wolf letting out a whine, moving her jaw slightly. "I really hate humans.."

^°•^°•^°•^°•^°•^°•^°•^°•^°•^°•^°•^°•^°•^

Luz went inside to make lunch with Amity and Big Bird, the witch taking out food for the animals, til she decided not to. Luz placed the bowls by the door, closing it quietly, then she ate with Amity inside.

Now, you might be curios, on my why Luz didn't give it to the animals, and left it by the door. Well. Honey and Ari have gotten fairly used to reaching out and pulling over their little companions, in Honey's case it's Lucky, then they doze off.

Honey had pulled Ari over, Ari taking Honey's paw as Mortimer, so in the end, they dozed off together. But like an hour later, it all changed. Ari and Honey woke up at the same time, then pushed eachother away. "WHAT THE HECK-" Ari scrambled up and away from Honey.

"YOU- YOU TOUCHED ME!" Honey growled.

"YOU TOUCHED ME!" Ari argued. "I FEEL SO DIRTY-"

Honey shook herself off, rushing in to the forest, Ari rushing past her, going to the lake nearby and jumping in. She splashed around, desperately wanting to remove the bear essence from herself, whining. Honey went to the river right next to the little lake, rinsing herself off there.

Tis the two were meant to suffer together. The only spot with no dirt, grass, and bugs, was made of stone and only allowed two on its surface. "Oh no you don't, I saw it first." Ari barked.

"No, you didn't." Honey huffed, walking towards the platform. "As the oldest, I get it."

"We're the same age!" Ari barked, hopping on the platform. "It's mine!"

"I'm a summer baby, what are you?"

"Spring!"

Honey nudged Ari away, taking her spot, "I'm the strongest."

Ari slipped under Honey, nipping her leg, making the bear scramble off the platform. "Yet you're too scared to get bit."

Honey snarled, getting on her hind legs, Ari lowering herself, backing up. "Wait- D-Don't hurt me-" Ari lied down, covering her face.

The bear hesitantly got back down on all fours, walking over to Ari, picking her up, dragging her to the platform. "Wha-"

Honey partially laid over Ari, moving her fur back, resting her head by Ari's. "Are you being nice to me-"

"Quiet before I bite you." Honey snarled, moving her paw by Ari's, pulling the wolf over a bit more. "We're lucky enough to be in the sun, we'll dry off quicker."

Ari relaxed, rolling on her side, her fur fluffing up as it quickly dried off, revealing a scar on her chin. Honey let out a huff, "Move one more time and I kick you off.."

"Sorry sorry." Ari barked quietly, then she moved her paw.

"You mangy-"

Ari's tail thumped on the stone, the wolf howling quietly. "I didn't do anything~"

Honey kicked Ari off the platform, flipping over, huffing. Ari shook herself off, trotting back over, laying by Honey, resting her head on the bears back. "Bite me in your sleep and I'll bite back." Honey snarled.

"No promises."

Uh, yes promises!