Do You Love Me? [45]

W

February ninth, Wednesday. Also this episode HURT to write, SUFFER.

When Luz got the chickens to sleep, she went out with Honey, gathering up sticks before returning home and working on her nest more. Then Luz went shopping while trying to text Amity, then when Luz got home she began labeling her new stuff. Well, Hunter's, new stuff. Luz got him a lunch pale with containers, stuff for school and a backpack, then finally a phone.

Took Luz five hours to do all that, not counting the hour totaled to Luz texting Amity, but Hunter and Camilla were still out of the house, picking out books and clothes. Luz got Hunter's phone to work, got her number added to his contacts and Camilla's, then put it in a little gift box. Luz put it in front of his room door so he'd trip on it later.

Come dinner, Luz had it ready, then right on time, Hunter and Camilla arrived. "It was huge! Even the library back home wasn't that big!" Hunter exclaimed. "And there were no ice shards to come at us during the snow!"

Camilla nodded, "Hey Luz, dinner?"

"Mhm! Help yourselves, I already ate." Luz smiled, pointing upstairs. "I have to go take a shower, then I'll head to bed, okay?"

Hunter and Camilla nodded, Luz heading upstairs. The witchling checked her phone, still no answer. Then suddenly, Luz's phone rang. The witch answered the call without checking who called, putting her phone up against her ear. "Hello?"

"Luz I'm sorry for not responding- I-" Amity sighed sharply. "It's just..A thing happened.."

Luz stayed silent, taking a small breath, "And you don't want to tell me.."

"I do I really do- B-But I can't-"

Liar.

"It's okay Amity..Just tell me soon, I don't want secrets.." Luz mumbled.

Do you even care about me?

Amity sighed. "I will..I promise I will soon..Just be patient..Okay?"

Just tell me already!

"Okay.."

"I love you, I really do, and that's one thing I'd never lie about."

"Love you too.."

"Goodni-"

"Wait."

"Hm?"

"Can we talk..? Just for a bit.."

Amity paused, covers rustling, then a light turning on. "I'm listening."

^°•^°•^°•^°•^°•^°•^°•^°•^°•^°•^°•^°•^°•^

They talked, for three hours, even while Luz was showering, they kept talking. Until it was time for bed. "Goodnight Luz, I love you."

"Night night Amity, I love you too." Luz layed her head down on her nest, pulling her blanket over.

Amity hung up, Luz putting her phone down, curling up, the chickens snuggling up against her. "Night to you too babies."

They chirped softly, Luz sighing quietly. "Purr..Purrrr~~"

Luz's silent purrs slowly grew, the sound filling the room..

---------------The same morning--------------
February ninth.

"Finally.." Luz sighed quietly, getting out of her nest slowly. "They're all asleep.."