A Blonde to Her Light. [65 part 2]

So it's been three hours, Amity took Boscha's scroll home to at least stay on to make sure Luz was okay. And unfortunately, Boscha needs to rest for the week as she used far too much magic in one go, so we won't read much of the story for now.

Amity took pictures, hung out with Annabelle for awhile, took pictures with her, watched the live during her break, practiced magic, fed Ghost and the chickens, took a nap. Then, Amity decided to check on Camilla. So Gary drove her, dropping her off.

The Blight walked to the door, lightly knocking, "Camilla?"

Footsteps, then the door unlocked, slowly opening. "Hi Amity!!" Prince greeted.

"Mi Principe~" Amity ruffled his fur. "Camilla home?"

"Yes yes yes! She's playing a board game with Luz~" He howled quietly. "Come in!"

Amity walked in, closing the door, Prince locking it and guiding her to the back. Amity peeked out, Luz playing chess with Camilla. "And.." Luz moved her king forward. "Check mate~"

"Ay." Camilla rubbed her head. "Geez I never lose.."

"Camilla."

The human looked back, Luz looking up at her, "Hey Amity." Camilla waved her over.

"Did..You tell her?" Amity asked Luz.

"Tell me what?" Camilla asked.

Luz paused, then nodded, "I'm not allowed to leave the house til Luz comes back.." Five uttered.

"Oh that." Camilla pulled her chess pieces back, fixing them. "Yeah she's grounded. I'm calling her Vee, since that is the Roman numeral."

Vee glanced up at Amity, the human clenching her fist, "Stop.."

"Hm?" Vee perked up.

"Stop looking like my girlfriend..Luz is gone..You're not allowed to replace her, so stop.."

Vee drew back, then shivered, her scales returning. "..I'm sorry.."

Amity stepped back, trembling, was Luz really going to be okay? Would Amity ever see her girlfriend again? Has Vee already replaced Luz? "Amity, please don't worry." Camilla said softly.

The Blight glanced up at Camilla, teary eyed, obviously upset. Amity was fiddling with her shirt, biting her nails. "..."

"Luz is okay, she's still breathing, thinking about us, and finding a way home.." Camilla spoke.

Amity shook her head slowly, then lightly shrugged, "I can't not worry Camilla. Mi novia esta en otro mundo-" Amity blurted out.

"You speak Spanish when you're nervous?-" Camilla changed quickly.

"Luz does it and she's started to rub off on me--" Amity breathed out, biting her nail. "Camilla-- I-I couldn't even handle dreams of Luz leaving me- Us! She's my girlfriend-- The love of my life-- She's my everything Camilla!" Amity moved her hands by her side, tears rolling down her chin to her neck. "I can't believe you're so calm about a basilisk, a beast that has attempted to capture Luz several times! Has replaced Luz!!"

Camilla got up, putting both her hands on Amity's shoulders, switching sides with her, sitting Amity down. "I trust Luz to come home. All we can do Amity, is pray that she makes it back alive.."

Amity's tears grew, the human biting her lower lip before letting out a choked cry. Her foot tapped quickly on the grass, Amity slumping forward, resting her head on her palms. "What if she doesn't come back how we want her to Camilla--" Amity uttered, her voice quavering. "Mi amor-- For weeks- This beast has replaced Luz at her home- Her own family didn't even realize she was gone--"

Camilla hushed Amity, shutting her up, "Amity Blight, wannabe future Clawthorne, relax." Camilla shushed. "Stop being rude to Vee, she's been forced and hurt. Hurting her to make yourself feel better is toxic, stop it."

Amity bit her nail, looking at Vee, the basilisk nervously smiling. "I don't care about what she's gone through..I care about Luz..She's gone through worse..Vee had Luz's family for weeks on end, none of them noticing she was gone. Vee was happy. Luz was upset, crying to me at night of how much she misses everyone.."

Vee recoiled, rubbing her arm, her tail wrapping around the chair. "W--? A--y?" The scroll vibrated from inside Amity's jacket. "Y---! I ----- h--!"

Amity pulled the scroll out, glancing at it, Amanda and Luz eating at the park. "So, to clear up everything you just told me." Amanda swallowed.

"Take your time." Luz nodded.

Amanda cleared her throat, "You're a witch, got stuck in your AU's earth, found a family, fell in love, almost died several times, someone replaced you at home, then they swapped with you and the people done goofed up when trying to get you back, you've been to like six different AU's, and now you're hanging out with me and telling me your story because I look like your girlfriend?"

Luz nodded, taking a bite of her tamale, "You'll never be her, of course. There's only one Amity, and I love her very much." Luz swung her feet back and forth, patting Amilotl's head. "I just wanted to tell you because when I was stuck in a different AU, I met someone that was almost like her. Just seeing her gave me a peace of mind. My girlfriend has that power, I'm not allowed to say bad words, but she's bad@$$."

Amanda laughed, picking up her water, drinking some, "That's not even a bad word--"

"It's impolite. My girlfriend is like super cool, she can beat up people who make me uncomfortable. Given, I've killed a few humans she sent after me the first week we met, I like letting her do it. She makes me feel safe, and she's like super pretty, and she loves what I cook, knows when I'm sad, when you get to know her, she's just a big softie."

Amanda glanced at the camera, and smirked, "The live is still going."

"It is?-" Luz nearly choked on her tamale.

"Who was with Boscha when the live started?"

Luz paused, her face quickly heating up, the witch covering her face. "Oh that's so embarrassing-- I'm gushing about my girlfriend while she's watching--"

Amanda picked up the scroll, flipping the camera, zooming in on Luz. "Look what we have here Luz's girlfriend~ A lovely witch who can't shut up about you~"

Amilotl made a motion like it was sniffing Luz out, the axolotl nuzzling her chin, purring quietly. "( ╹▽╹ )?"

Amity clicked the chat box, typing in something, wiping away her tears. Amanda ooed, showing Luz the scroll, the witch hesitantly taking it. She read the message, her face getting even redder, the witch uttering nonsense and scampering off to the bathroom.

Amanda laughed, the camera being moved around then pointed to Luz who was hiding behind the bathroom door terribly. "You're a lucky one Blight, I'll help her out. And I'll make sure she makes it home for dinner. We need to rest, so we'll start the live tommorow and pray it starts." The human waved at Luz, the witchling hesitantly waving back, then the live ended.

Camilla pat Amity's head, ruffling her hair before walking inside. Vee got up, slithering after Camilla, Amity gently squeezing the scroll. It shattered, poofing away.

"Make sure my luz stays lit, keep her flame growing okay? I'm not ready to be a moth without her flame"