The night begins. [14 part 3]

E

Luz had asked all of her friends, none wanted to tell her. Except one. Skara spilled the beans. At first, Luz didn't understand what a hickey was, til Skara showed her one. Skara gave herself one on her own hand, Luz thought it looked painful and honestly hated it, she healed Skara after the weird presentation.

Anyways, no one cares about school, squiggly walk to the evening because no one can walk straight apparently! Luz had stayed at school all day to do all her final checks in. "Drinks, snacks, extra snacks in the back.." Luz hummed, checking that off her list. "Snaggleback is here."

The pink monkey like creature came over, his turtle shell having broken glass to look like a disco ball. "I can't believe this! I'm in the human realm!" He awhed.

"Yes you are, do you want to hold yourself up on that rope or may I borrow your shell for a bit?" Luz asked it.

He tucked in his shell before he popped out, handing his shell to Luz, "May I look around?"

Luz checked her pockets, pulling out a potion, handing it to him, "You'll at least look human, but pink. If you need me, just chirp alright?"

He took the potion, lightly shaking it, ooing, "Thanks! Time to know what humans walk like!" He exclaimed, rushing to the bathrooms.

Luz glanced around, checking the time on the clock, "Fifteen minutes. Time to go dress out."

The witch got her small case from under a chair, going to the bathroom, dressing out. When she finished, the witchling put her hair up in a high ponytail, returning to her checklist. Luz picked it up, examining the remaining tasks.

The Snaggleback returned, doing cartwheels, "This is so cooooollll!!!" He laughed, jumping around.

Luz whistled, catching his attention, the SnaggleBack coming over, "If you can, could you go put those up front?" Luz asked, pointing to a box, then to the entrance.

He ooed, rushing towards the box, picking it up, doing his own thing while Luz returned to her checks. "I have platters ready for myself and the other students who volunteered--" Luz sighed quietly. "Cups, plates, name sticker printer thingy is also ready, streamers are still up.."

Luz checked that off quickly, looking up at the time, two minutes. She went to the entrance, unlocking and opening the doors, the Snaggleback having dragged over a chair to put the box on. "What should I call you?" Luz asked.

"Arin. That's the person who voices me so I'm going with that-"

Hey! You're not supposed to say that!

Luz nodded, "Well, you can stick around for the party, but it's going to be fairly loud."

Strumming caught their attention, both looking outside, a guitar walking over. "Oh! I thought I got a DJ, at least there's a magic band." Luz let the drum kit, and violin enter. "You guys can set up on the opposite side of the stands."

The guitar pat their chest, holding their clenched fist out to her, then led the way to their designated spots. Luz checked that off, "Okay, it's ready. Arin can you go out those doors, call the first person you see over please?"

He saluted, heading to the doors, pushing them open and going past. Luz glanced over at the band, all having gone in resting position. The drum kit looked like a drum kit, the guitar looked like a guitar up against a wall, and the violin was the same. Luz sighed quietly, looking up at the clock again. "Ten seconds."

^°•^°•^°•^°•^°•^°•^°•^°•^°•^°•^°•^°•^°•^

Around ten minutes later, thankfully they were late as Luz had missed something but got it just in time, people started coming. Amelia had come early, as she was volunteering to walk around with the platters of snacks.

Luz checked Arin in as temporary staff, the part human being security with the actual security. He pat people down, just to make sure they didn't have anything bad on them. About thirty minutes later more then half of the students came, the band having started up.

The humans were impressed, they cheered on for more songs, many suggesting more songs, having to play a song for them before they got the hang of it and played. Luz walked around, holding out the platter to random students, many taking drinks.

Amelia was doing little sandwiches that were actually fairly loved by the students. Luz had to make more quickly, refill drinks, and send Amelia out again. "Fruit punch?" Luz offered.

The student took another, putting the cup over their empty one, thanking Luz, the witch walking by. Suddenly, it got silent. The students rushed to the doors and outside, Luz taking this as a quick break to refill again. The students screamed, not of panic, but excitement.

A limo pulled up, many squealing or cheering. "She's going to look so good!"

"You bet! Amity always wears the best dress!"

"No doubt!"

"She's getting out!!"

They gasped, all making a pathway for her, Amity walking over. Luz glanced to her right, nearly dropping her platter, "You're wearing it.." Luz mumbled, picking up a drink, offering it to Amity.

"I actually really like it. Mom and dad wanted me to go in a really poofy blue dress, Ay let me go in this." Amity said, adjusting her cuff links before taking the drink. "How do I look..?"

"Not ready for a battle that's for sure-" Luz blurted out, trying not to say the other word for fire. "You look nice Amity, it really does suit you."

The human lightly scoffed, "You know I hate puns." Amity said, taking a sip of the fruit punch.

"No you don't, you love my puns! You laugh at them so I know they're punny!"

Amity nearly choked on her drink, Noah patting her back, "Slow your roll super star."

The students returned to the center, few still gazing at Amity, but the rest returning to their conversations. Luz excused herself, going over to the entrance, then whistled. A chirp came at her left, the security guards looking over as well. "There you guys are! I've been waiting!"

Viney, Boscha, and Willow waved, all being pat down quickly before being allowed access to enter. "Did you bring it?" Luz asked.

"Sure did, caught it outside." Boscha said, drawing a circle, a little jar coming out. "Think Amity will win?"

"I sure hope so, this is what Grom is for."

"Explain to me now what that thing is please?" Willow huffed.

Viney stepped in for this, "During this season, us witches have a dance to battle a beast, called Grometheus the Fear Bringer, or Grom. Our top student gets the honor of battling it and live out their worst nightmares to keep the rest of our home safe." Viney explained. "So whoever Grom Queen, King, or Ruler is here, has to battle it."

Willow froze, "But we're humans!! We have weak bodies! For gods sake look at Luz, witches are far stronger then us! Luz has been in the hospital three or four times already!!"

The other two witches looked at Luz, both shrugging, "It's much worse back at home."

"What's worse back home?" Gus asked as he came over.

"Boscha brought a demon here!" Willow shouted.

"A what?" Mattholomule chimed in.

"Grometheus the Fear Bringer." Boscha answered.

Luz shushed them, "Okay! We get it! We just have to wait for the results before this happens. Gus, you're up."

To be continued.