It's just one more night, right? [21]

R
Wednesday morning, witch Luz was the first to get up, having made the group breakfast, gave Hooty many kisses, wrote a goodbye letter, then went to the spot she'd be allowed back at a designated time. So when 12:15 hit, Luz opened the portal door with the key, and closed it, Amilotl quickly teleporting back to return the key then again to get back to Luz.

Thankfully, the portal opened in time before the room disappeared. She went through, looking around, only to bunk in to Amity. Not her Amity, a different Amity. "Dang it not again!" Luz exclaimed, rubbing her nose.

This Amity was human, with caramel hair, fair skin, and golden eyes. "Uh- Who are you..?"

"I'm Luz Clawthorne from a different universe, can I borrow the key?" Luz sighed.

A grey haired witch came over, Luz examining the room before looking up at her, "Hey Lilith, can I borrow the key to get home?"

Amity hid behind Lilith, a little dog coming over, "Barcus? Hey buddy."

He tilted his head to the side before he snarled, "Who are you? Why do you look so clean?"

"I took a shower this morning?"

Lilith handed her the key, "We got a letter that a Luz got stuck on the wrong side." Lilith began. "Thought you were hers, guess not."

"Oh no, how many Luz's went through this?" The witchling asked.

"Talked with the other Lilith's, about seven had the same issue..Her Luz is still out there, we'll just wait for a bit til we close it and try again later."

Luz pouted, "So you got the letter, now I have to send one! In my universe, you're my aunt, so I kinda know where everything is. Can I go to the guest room til my portal opens?"

Lilith nodded, patting Luz's head, "At least this one's nicer Amity."

The human glared at the witchling, shuffling to be behind Lilith when Luz walked by. Barcus followed Luz, still sniffing her out, "I'll give you a bath, you smell like cheese."

"I beg your pardon- Ha- No one gives me a bath-"

Luz picked him up, continuing to walk, "Too bad! You stink."

"UNHAND ME! UNHAND ME YOU FIEND!" Barcus screamed. "HELPPP-"

^°•^°•^°•^°•^°•^°•^°•^°•^°•^°•^°•^°•^°•^

Luz had bathed Barcus, gave him a trim, and let him sleep. Then she hung out with the human Amity. "I think she likes you." Luz said, placing a card down, looking through hers again.

Amity shrugged, placing a card over Luz's, the witchling placing another one down. "Maybe, she's still pretty mean to me." Amity placed a card down. "Foremost."

"Dang it- How so?" Luz questioned, looking through her cards, picking one and putting it down. "Blue."

Amity clicked her tounge, getting a card from the pile, then another, and then another, and another. It was about six more cards til she got a blue card, placing it down. "We were playing Grudgby with Willow and her goons to prove her wrong, we lost but Luz hurt her leg, I think she knows it's my fault.."

"Because you pushed her and Skara?" Luz spoke, putting a card down.

Amity nodded slowly, placing a card on the pile, "Then she disappeared. She went through the portal on accident, I saw her, but when I went after her, I only witnessed Luz falling through the other side with a different me."

"What'd she look like?"

"I'm not sure, actually..They both looked panicked, like they were.."

"Running from something?"

Amity nodded, Luz placing her card down, "The other me was covered in abomination goop and a few scars, I hope she's okay."

"Usurper."

"Hm?"

"I've read a book of alternative universes, one said Usurper. Maybe the Amity you saw was the emperor, she opened the portal and is probably looking for her own Luz."

Amity lightly shrugged, "Maybe.."

"Are you hungry?"

"I can't eat anything here! I'm stuck with Griffin eggs.."

Luz placed her final card down, then got up. "Why do you think I came with a big bag? What are you hungry for Amity?"

^°•^°•^°•^°•^°•^°•^°•^°•^°•^°•^°•^°•^°•^

Luz made lunch, then tried to get back home for about an hour, before she gave up and went to bed. She really missed Amity, her Amity, Luz was a bit harsh when she said bye on the day after Christmas.. "Shh.." Amity hummed, moving Luz's hair behind her ear. "You'll see your family again, don't worry.."

"..What if they got stuck with another me..?"

"They'd help her out."

"What if they think that's me?"

Amity paused, "They won't."

"You hesitated.."

"I never hesitate."

Luz nuzzled in to her pillow, Amity stroking the witches hair. "I'll trust you for now..Thank you Amity.."

"No problem, just rest for now okay? You've had a long two days and even I am upset for you."

"Can you stay..? Just until I doze off..?"

Amity nodded, "I will, don't worry.."

Amilotl came over, laying in front of Luz, the witchling pulling it over, curling up a bit. "If it gets dark..Can you turn on my night light..?"

"Yes I can, just relax. I'll be right here if you need me."

That was all the confirmation Luz needed to be herself, so she relaxed, and began purring, slowly dozing off. Just..A quick nap..About..Carob..

..Shakes..To be continued..