Chapter 10-Call

~(Y/n)'s pov

That night I slept peacefully, I dreamed all night that I was with Henry, in my dream the man said he would always be around and I didn't need to worry.

When I woke up in the morning I felt there was someone in my room, I knew it was Henry I could still feel it when the ghost touched my hair and whispered.

"Good morning, (Y/n)."

I turned my gaze toward the voice, but it wasn't there. I sat up in bed and looked for him, even so I didn't see him, I imagined that Henry had disappeared, as he had the night before. It was strange to think that my old boss and friend had become a ghost to keep me company.

My thoughts were interrupted by Michael's voice.

"(Y/n)?" He knocked a few times on the door.

" I'm on my way, Mike." I left the bed and opened the door, bumping into the teenager.

"Did something happen?"

His eyes darted into my room and he said.

"Yes." Mike paused, there was a strain in his voice. "My dad is on the phone, he wants to talk to you."

"What did you tell him?" I asked scared.

"I said you were asleep, but he asked me to wake you up... My father really wants to talk to you..."

"Okay, Mike..." My voice sounded a little impatient.

I walked to the phone in the kitchen. I felt angry at William, not only for everything he had done in the past, but I felt he was willing to do anything to get closer, even though we hadn't met again after that day at the pizza parlor, I still had this feeling. William wasn't the type to give up easily, so I picked up the phone and told him.

"What do you want?"

"Looks like someone woke up in a bad mood." The man scoffed on the other side.

"It's hard to be in a good mood after getting a call from you."

William chuckled, but soon his voice took on a more serious tone.

"(Y/n), listen to me, I feel like we still have something to talk about, even if you don't want to get back into a relationship with me."

I let out a breath.

"William, I don't want to talk..."

he interrupted me

"Look, (Y/n), I know Mike is living with you, I don't really care about that, you were always very responsible. But you mustn't forget that he is and will always be my son and that he has a little sister."

I rolled my eyes and asked.

"Where are you going with this, William?"

"I'm just saying that Elizabeth misses her brother."

I let out another sigh, already exhausted by the situation.

"All right... All right... if that's what you want... I'll be at the park this afternoon, if you want to meet me." I looked at Mike for a moment, the boy looked confused and scared. "I believe Mike doesn't want to find you, I won't force him to do anything."

"Sure. I'll wait for you at the park."