Chapter 85- Wedding- part 1

William's pov

Three months had passed and that would be the big day: (Y/n) and I would finally get married.

It would be a simple party, we invited only a few people closest to us, but it would still be a special day for both of us.

I was getting ready with Michael, the boy was having trouble fixing his tie, so I approached him and said with a smile.

"Mike, it's not that hard..." I helped him "See, that's how it's done."

The teenager looked at me with a strange expression, he looked confused

"Thank you, Dad..." He murmured, shifting his gaze to the accessory around his neck.

"You're welcome." I smiled and pulled away from him, tying my tie.

"Father?"

"Yes?"

He fixed the collar of his shirt and said.

"You are different..."

"Different? What do you mean by that?" I stared at him.

"Well... It's just that when (Y/n) is around, you act differently..."

I let out a low chuckle.

"Mike, you're still too young to understand that... But (Y/n) made me see the world differently, you know?"

My son looked away and whispered.

"I like you like this..." So the boy approached me slowly and hugged me, he looked a little embarrassed "You're not that boring old man you used to be..."

I arched an eyebrow, not believing Mike's words, after all he almost always seemed to ignore me and was a brat who used to listen to loud music and didn't stop chewing gum, but still he was my son. I couldn't deny it, he was growing up and with each passing day he looked even more like me.

I hugged him and said.

"Do you mean I was a boring old man?"

He laughed.

"Yes, you were, but (Y/n) made you change, now you are an old man in love."

"What?"

The boy walked away from me, laughing hard, I then walked towards him and ruffled his hair which was still a little damp.

"an old man in love?" I repeated his words, holding myself not to laugh, while my fingers spread the boy's hair everywhere.

"father... Why?" he blurted out, still laughing.