Chapter 21- New relationship

~(Y/n)'s pov

For the next few weeks, Connor dropped by for lunch every day, I was always there for him. My cowokers already knew that I was interested in the boy, so as soon as he appeared, they called me.

It gave me a chance to talk to Connor better. I found out that he had been engaged for some time, but broke off the relationship because he discovered a betrayal and has since been single.

He also told me that he had just graduated and was completely focused on his new job, Connor didn't say much about where he was going to work, he just said he would do the maintenance on the machines and that this was his dream job.

Connor wasn't from Hurricane. The man was born in New York and barely knew the city, so I promptly offered to help him out, as Connor was short on time to start his new job.

We went out a few times together and we had even exchanged a few kisses and we already considered ourselves a couple. Connor sometimes bought me little gifts, nothing expensive like the gifts William gave me, but I didn't mind that. I loved each of them.

Michael, in turn, accepted my new relationship well and supported us, the boy said that I was doing the right thing and that I should forget what I lived with his father and he was right; when I was with Connor, I forgot about William.

That afternoon we were strolling through the mall when I plucked up the courage and asked.

"Where are you going to work?"

Connor looked away, unconcerned, as he took a sip of his milkshake and then responded.

"It's a kind of pizzeria. It's called Circus Baby Pizza World."

I shuddered at the man's words. That was William's pizzeria."

"How so?" I asked trying to hide my concern.

"Yea. It's a new place. For children, you know?" He opened that smile that won me over There are some animatronic robots. I love these things. And the owner himself hired me... What was his name?"

"Mr. Afton?" I asked in a dark tone of voice.

"Yea! Do you know him?" He looked at me with eyes wide with excitement.

"No..." I lied "I mean, he's pretty famous in the city, everyone has heard about him."

He nodded.

"He is a very intelligent man."

I shook my head, not paying much attention to the man's comment. I felt a growing concern, I was afraid that William would find out about my new relationship. But I had a hard certainty; Connor was in danger!