Chapter 22- First night -part 1

Normal pov

It was the first day at his new job, Connor had already talked to Afton about his role. He would fix and clean the robots overnight, after restaurant opening hours.

The boy was excited, he had heard that the robots developed by William were extremely advanced and seemed to be fully aware of what was happening around them.

Connor arrived at the pizzeria around seven o'clock at night, he arrived early as Mr. Afton still wanted to give him some recommendations.

As Connor entered the restaurant, he was greeted by a messy-haired boy who looked to be about nineteen.

"How can I help?" Said the young man in a somewhat bored voice.

"I came to talk to Mr. Afton."

Before the boy could even say anything to Connor, William's voice came a few feet away.

"Good night, Mr. Walker." The man approached with a friendly smile.

"Good night, Mr. Afton."

The two greeted each other with a handshake and William said.

"Let's go to my office, we'll talk better there." Connor followed him through a corridor that was almost hidden from the customers' view. Afton continued- The pizzeria is about to close, so you'll have time to get a closer look at the animatronics.

The youngest nodded.

The two then entered a large room, there was a huge table full of papers and some file cabinets. On the walls were posters of the pizzeria's characters.

"Sit down," William indicated, pointing to a vacant chair in front of his desk.

Connor promptly complied. And the owner of the place said in a welcoming tone.

"I like getting to know my employees and we haven't had much time to talk before, so tell me more about yourself, Mr Walker."

Connor hesitated for a moment, there was something about talking about himself that made him a little uncomfortable, maybe it was the pressure of getting a good job. Connor's mind wandered to (Y/n), he intended to marry her soon and needed that job. The young man cleared his throat.

"Well, Mr. Afton..."

William interrupted him with a gesture with one hand.

"Just call me William."

Connor nodded a little awkwardly.

"Alright..."The boy paused briefly before finally starting "I graduated almost a year ago, as I said before, I'm from New York, and I moved only because of your offer."

The eldest shook his head and asked.

"You came alone? I mean, do you have a wife? or children?"

Connor denied

"No, not yet, but I'm dating a girl here in town, I think we'll get married soon."

William flashed a big smile.

"That's good, soon we'll have new customers at the pizzeria" Afton made a sign with his hand in the air indicating the couple's future children.

The two laughed for a moment, but then William asked.

"I'm sorry for the slightly impolite question, but what is your girlfriend's name?"

Connor promptly spoke up.

"Her name is (Y/n)."The boy opened a huge smile when speaking the girl's name.

Afton swallowed, cleared his throat and loosened his tie as a way to ease his sudden nervousness.

"William, are you okay?" Asked Connor

The man nodded with a nod.

"Yes, yes... We were talking about your girlfriend, right? What is her name?"

The young man repeated with the same smile.

"(Y/n)."

William cleared his throat again.

"It's a very beautiful name... She must be a very sweet girl."

"She is."

Afton glanced at the watch on his wrist.

"I think we can see the animatronics." He got up

"Of course."

Connor then followed the man down another corridor, the two of them took an elevator down to the basement.

"The animatronics are brought here after the introductions." William explained. "We have four main attractions, I will show you each one."

The men continued walking until they came to a huge white bear with pink details that had a small blue rabbit in place of one of its hands.

"This is Funtime Freddy, he entertains the kids with his ventriloquism show. And the one in his hand is Bonnie." Afton pointed to the robot and gestured a lot while explaining "Freddy can detect the presence of children and he goes to meet them."

William took his new employee into the next room. The room was plunged into darkness, William promptly flipped the switch revealing a fox slightly smaller than the bear. Like Funtime Freddy, the fox was painted in bright shades of white and pink. The robot began to move as if it were in the middle of a presentation.

"This is Funtime Foxy. It is activated with the lights and also manages to release smells that induce children to eat sweets or pizza depending on the time."

William then introduced the ballerina Ballora who Connor thought was too sexy to be a robot for children, but he didn't comment on it, just listened intently to Afton's explanation.

Finally they entered a room where there was a huge clown girl, she was by far the biggest robot in the place.

William opened a proud smile and it was already saying.

"This is the star of the show, Circus Baby. She can dance,she can sing,she's equipped with a built in helium tank for inflating balloons right at her fingertips, she can take song requests, she can even dispense ice cream"

Connor watched the robot closely, this was incredible for the boy, he had never seen anything like it. Connor turned to William, his gaze as impressed as a child who has just been given the long-awaited toy.

"William, this is incredible... they are incredible!"The words barely left his mouth, such was his admiration to see those huge machines.

Afton smiled out of the corner of his mouth and handed the keys to the pizzeria in the young man's hands.

"Yes, they are and now they are in your hands until six in the morning."