Chapter 100- Opening -Part 2

(Y/n)'s pov

The pizzeria was full, children were playing on the playground and in the arcades, just as they did in the past.

I was distracted, watching the movement of people when I felt a hand grab my wrist. It was William. The man had a charming smile on his face.

"I have something to show you, my little bunny." I nodded and let him lead me through the pizzeria.

William led me to a small table set back from the stage, one of the few that was empty. The man pulled out a chair and said.

"Please Sit down, (Y/n)." I obeyed, with a smile. So William took his place before me and continued "Do you remember this table?"

I looked around and soon the scene came alive in my mind.

"This is where we met," I muttered, feeling my face flush. I couldn't believe he remembered that day.

"Do you still remember?"

William nodded, cupping his face in one hand while his other hand stroked mine across the table.

"Of course I do, my little bunny. How could I forget the day I met the woman of my life?"

I blushed even more.

"William, this is very cute."

He cracked a smile and said.

"You haven't seen anything yet." The man waved at someone in the distance and in a matter of seconds, Veronica appeared, she was wearing the pizzeria uniform; a lilac shirt with a name tag and black dress pants.

"Veronica?!"

"Hi, (Y/n)" She twirled around showing all the clothes, as if she was in a fashion show "What did she think of the new uniform?"

I laughed.

" It looks really good on you."

Veronica pretended to be embarrassed and then changed the subject, turning her gaze to William.

"I heard that someone is planning a romantic dinner."

The man smiled and adjusted his purple tie with a certain pomp.

"Yes, you're right." William looked at me and said "I'll have two extra-cheese pepperoni pizzas and two large Cokes." The young woman wrote everything down and left.

I stared at my husband in disbelief. He and Veronica had arranged that.

"Will, you didn't have to do that..."

He let out a laugh.

"(Y/n), my little bunny, we deserve a little fun after so much work." The man was right, we had both worked hard for that opening.

We ate, our minds were both free of worries, and after the pizza was over we continued sitting at the table, talking about various things and in that moment I noticed how William really had gone back to the man I had known years ago, I was attracted to him again in the same way felt the day we met.

Our conversation was interrupted by the sound of feedback coming from the stage, William turned to the source of the sound, with a confused look.

Veronica had taken the stage, the girl was holding Freddy's microphone and looking towards us.

"What is she doing?" I muttered to my husband.

"I have no idea, but..." His voice trailed off when the waitress started to speak.

"As today is a special day, we at Freddy's decided to do something different." At that moment the stage lights gained a pink tone, illuminating only my friend and hiding the animatronics right behind her, so a slow song started to play.

"This is a time for couples of all ages," she said. "Don't be ashamed, dance with the ones you love the most."

A few couples started to get up and William looked at me with a smile and spoke.

"I swear I didn't know she would do this..." He got up and extended his hand to me "But in that case, will you grant me this dance, my little bunny?"

I took his hand and replied.

"Of course I do, my bunny."

The pizzeria owner guided me to an open area where some couples were already dancing.

On stage, Veronica continued with the microphone in her hands, she was the one who sang, her voice was very soft and in tune, something that impressed us.

"I didn't know she sang like that" I commented.

"Neither do I." William said as he guided our steps.

I couldn't deny it, the man knew how to dance like no one else. At first I tried to keep up with him with some difficulty, but I soon got used to his rhythm and in a short time we were twirling around the other couples, as if we were one.

When the music stopped, William held me in a pose and a wave of applause erupted, at that moment I realized that everyone was staring at us. I blushed a little, after all I wasn't used to this kind of situation.