Chapter 12- Day out

~William's pov

After lunch I took Elizabeth to the park, the little girl seemed eager to play with the other children who huddled in the playground, after all it was Saturday and the day was beautiful.

Not far from there, I saw (Y/n) that I was sitting on a bench, so I spoke.

"Lizzie, go to play. I'll stick around, okay?"

"Yes, Daddy" She ran towards the playground.

I walked over to the young woman who seemed totally distracted, watching the movement of people, I imagined she was looking for me.

"Hello, (Y/n)." She looked at me.

"Hi, William" The young woman replied sharply.

I sat down next to my ex-fiancée and commented trying to make conversation.

"It's a beautiful day, isn't it?"

(Y/n) agreed with a grunt. It would be hard to have a conversation with her like that, but I tried again.

"Mike didn't come?"

"No, he didn't" her tone was still cold.

"(Y/n)..." I sighed "I came here to talk to you... I know I was wrong, I already told you that I acted out of anger, but I think I deserve a second chance."

She finally turned her gaze to me.

"William... Mike told me what you did after I left you. You hit him and fight with Henry, because your friend wanted to defend Michael. William, Mike is just a boy!" (Y/n) There was a mix of hurt and anger in his voice.

I replied calmly

"He killed his own brother."

The young woman beside me sighed.

"And you killed those kids." I widened my eyes and the girl continued "And also Bryan, and don't forget Clara, I know you caused that accident."

How did she know all that? I remained silent for a moment, letting her speak.

"And you still want to get closer to me?"

I sighed.

"You're right, I did all this, but answer me, (Y/n), where would you be now if Bryan were alive? You'd probably be dead." I said the last part a little louder. "And about Clara, we both know very well that she would be a pain in the ass in our relationship, but I just want you to understand that I did all this for love. I loved you so much, and I still love you, (Y/n)."