Chapter 36- distraction

(Y/n)'s pov

A few days had passed, and everything was back to normal again, William didn't look for me anymore, as I had asked. My co-workers heard about Connor and were very supportive, Rebecca, my closest co-worker, spent even more time talking to me. She tried to help me forget about him and maybe move on, but I was still thinking about him, I missed him.

I thought about William too, I couldn't get him out of my mind even if I tried. The night I'd spent with him had moved me. If I started to think too much about what had happened, it was almost as if I could feel the touch of his scarred skin against mine again.

Sometimes looking at Michael reminded me of the times I had with the killer. They were really alike, even the boy's voice sounded like William's.

I had to admit that the similarity between the two of them bothered me a bit, Mike was the complete opposite of William, the boy was always ready to help me and was very sweet and patient, sometimes he was a little grumpy, but I tried to be understanding with Mike, the boy had been through a lot and I knew that deep down he was still grieving over losing his mother and brother.

That afternoon, I had a day off and having taken advantage of the free time to do some groceries shopping, I decided to walk to the market that was a few blocks away.

I was listening to music on my Walkman, carefree, just mentally going over everything I needed to buy while humming a few random parts of the song under my breath.

" We've known each other for so long...Your heart's been aching but you're too shy to say it..."

There weren't many cars at that time, so I crossed the streets without looking too closely.

I was almost reaching the establishment, that's when I felt a huge impact against my body, I felt it when I fell to the ground, my body hurt for a few moments, then a numb sensation took over me and I didn't see anything else.