Chapter 69- Babies- part 2

(Y/n)'s pov

I opened my eyes in a place that seemed to be very familiar, it was that same field full of flowers that always appeared in my dreams. What was I doing there?

"(Y/n)!" I heard a voice calling me in the distance, and I turned to look, and when I saw who it was I was surprised. If it was Henry, the man was walking towards me and had a huge smile on his face.

"I thought I'd never see you around here again." He said. "I missed you" He laughed.

I smiled at him for a brief moment, but then the man changed his expression, becoming serious.

"But you shouldn't be here..." Henry said in a dark tone.

"Why not?" I asked him, not understanding anything.

"I don't want to scare you, but you are on the verge of death."

"What? How so?"

"The birth is being very complicated."

Henry took my hand and led me across the grass, in a matter of seconds the landscape changed. We were in the hospital delivery room, I noticed that my body was on the stretcher and that the team of doctors were leaning over me, they looked tense.

Suddenly, I saw when one of the babies was taken out, the boy, it was my little Vincent who soon started crying. A nurse promptly wrapped the child in a blanket. The team soon focused on the other baby, and within minutes Violet was wrapped in a blanket as well.

"She's losing a lot of blood" The doctor said. "We need to be quick."

Henry turned to me and asked.

"(Y/n), you have to choose if you want to continue with William or not."

"What do you mean, Henry?"

"The choice is yours." He said looking at the team of doctors.

I pondered for a moment. William might be a murderer, but in those months I had trusted him, the man had treated me with enormous attention, always staying by my side and showering me with caresses when I felt sad or emotional. I couldn't deny it, I had fallen in love all over again with the man who had hurt so many people. And at that moment my children were born and they needed me, just like William did.

Henry remained beside me, waiting for my answer. I sighed and said.

"I want to stay with him." The ghost next to me looked at me as if my words hurt him. He blinked a few times and gasped.

"Alright" His tone was cold. "Now I'm afraid this is the last time we'll see each other, (Y/n)."

Henry put a hand on my face and approached me slowly, keeping his eyes fixed on my lips, I stared back at him, I knew what he was about to do and I let him do it, I just closed my eyes waiting for his touch.

The man's lips touched mine, they were cold, but that didn't stop me from kissing him back.

Henry pulled back a little, causing me to open my eyes.

"Don't forget, (Y/n), I love you. I've always loved you..." He stopped talking and went back to kissing me, as soon as I closed my eyes again I felt the touch of Henry's lips slowly dissipating and everything went dark again.