Chapter 13- Second chance

~(Y/n)'s pov

Hearing William's words, I felt my stomach turn. How could anyone be so cold? He still had the courage to talk about love.

"William, you're sick..." I muttered.

"Maybe I am, but as long as you're close to me, you'll be safe."

"What do you mean by that?" I asked feeling threatened by the man.

"Nothing. I'm just asking you for a second chance. Spend this afternoon with me and see how I can be good to you again."

There was something different about William's voice, his deep voice sounded melodious, it was as if he was willing to do whatever he said to win me back.

"Come on, (Y/n). Accept my invitation, I will show you how I can be faithful and trustworthy."

I considered the man's offer for a moment and replied, feeling too weak to refuse.

"Okay, William..."

He opened a huge smile.

"Excellent!"

He looked around for a moment and spoke.

"(Y/n), do you remember our first date? Here was where it all started..."

My gaze darted around the park for a moment, he was right... Our first date was at a nearby restaurant, then we walked through the park at night. We had exchanged our first kiss there on that same bench.

I turned my gaze to William again. He was looking at me too with a friendly little smile, his blue eyes sparkled like never before. The man moved closer, standing just inches from my face. I felt my cheeks heat up, I knew I was flushed.

Why was my body still reacting like that in his presence?

William moved closer, never taking his eyes off my face. At that moment I had no reaction, just stared back at him, that's when our lips met. I felt one of the man's hands running down my back, he held me tightly, like he needed me to stay alive.

After a few seconds in William's arms, I relented and kissed him back, we just stood there kissing for a long time.

The man pulled away, breathing heavily.

"You're still my bunny." He caught his breath and we kissed again. William's hands caressed my body sensually.

It was then that we heard a child's voice.

"Daddy!" We walked away. Elizabeth was standing there, facing us, impatient and pouting.

"What do you need, Lizzie?" William said, already fully composed.

The little girl looked at me with those huge green eyes, she looked thoughtful but she ignored my presence.

"I want ice cream."

William nodded.

"Sure, Lizzie"