Chapter 93- Birthday

(Y/n)'s pov

I was just finishing up the last details of Elizabeth's birthday decorations. William had told me he had employees for that, but I insisted, saying I missed the Freddy's days when I was the employee who did this, and he eventually caved.

It was great to work in an environment like that. Circus Baby Pizza World was very similar to Freddy's, the only difference was the circus theme that existed in William's pizzeria.

Some children were already starting to arrive when I attached the last pink balloon in an arch that almost reached the ceiling and that projected over the table where there was an infinity of sweets.

A girl with brown hair and a green dress looked at me for a moment and spoke almost shyly.

"Hi..."

"Hello" I replied walking down the ladder.

"Are you Lizzie's other mother?"

It took me a few seconds to answer her, Elizabeth doesn't like to introduce me as her stepmother, she said that all stepmothers were bad old witches, and that I wasn't like that, so to her friends I was her "other mother".

"Yes it's me."

"Lizzie said you were a princess... Where's your dress?"

Again, it took me a few moments to respond to the child, but I soon realized that she was talking about my wedding dress.

"Well, I don't wear my dress every day, it's hard to walk around in it, you know? It's too long."

She nodded, convinced of my answer.

Suddenly I heard Elizabeth's voice calling her friend.

"Sophie!" William's daughter came running up "You really came! I want to show you the robots my father built."

Sophie shook her head excitedly at the thought of seeing the animatronics. They were already jumping away, so I spoke.

"Lizzie, don't forget what your father told you. Don't get too close to the animatronics."

The little girl didn't look at me, she just kept walking towards the stage. The place was already noisy, so I assumed she hadn't heard me.

I continued around, keeping an eye on the candies to stock up on them as needed, and also to grab some while no one was looking, was a silly thing to do, but it was still fun.

As I put my hand on a gummy bear a familiar voice came through.

"(Y/n), aren't you too old to steal the candies, don't you think?" I turned my gaze to the side, holding the gummy bear in my fingers and facing William who was approaching with an amused smile.

"Oh Will, they are delicious." I tried to defend myself while holding back laughter, so I extended the candy that was in my hands towards William "Try one, you'll see how good they are."

The man accepted and after eating, he said.

"You're right, (Y/n)... Now I understand why children like this thing so much." William took a few more and I burst out laughing.