Chapter 83-Memories

Normal pov

Mike and (Y/n) were still there, sitting on that bench for some time, talking about the situation with William.

It was a complicated situation and Michael knew he would have to help and support her, it wouldn't be easy, but the boy was willing to do anything to keep his family safe, and by family he meant (Y/n) and his younger siblings. Mike didn't know if he considered his father a part of it anymore. The boy had suffered greatly at the man's hands, while his siblings were well cared for and pampered with toys and sweets of all kinds.

The teenager remembered when he was little, four or five years old perhaps, he didn't remember exactly how old he was at the time. Mike used to hide in his room, cuddled up with his stuffed animals and stayed there, quietly, in a corner of his closet, just listening to the fights between Clara and William.

"That boy is not my son!" screamed William at the top of his lungs, the scream was followed by the sound of something breaking

Clara then replied, annoyed. "How can you say that, William?! Michael is indeed your son, he is just like you!"

William let out a mocking laugh. "No Clara, he's not my son. He never will be!"

Whenever he remembered those words, they hurt him and even after years Michael could still hear his father's voice in his mind, screaming and cursing him.

(Y/n) didn't know anything about that, after all when William met her, the man changed. He started treating Mike differently, it was like he finally saw the boy as his son and that's why Michael liked (Y/n) so much. Thanks to her, Mike got the acceptance he struggled so hard for his entire childhood.

He knew that the young woman had something that motivated her father to be different, it was almost like a supernatural force, something that none of them could explain, but that happened and made the killer become a more bearable person so to speak.

Now the two could only hope that William was telling the truth.