Chapter 71- Babies -part 4

William's pov

I stood there holding and caressing (Y/n)'s hand for a long time. I told her that our children were fine, upon hearing this the young woman returned to squeeze my fingers affectionately.

"I'm going to visit them now, then I'll come back and tell you how they are, all right?" I said calmly and (Y/n) let go of my hand. I backed away keeping my gaze on the young woman on the gurney, it was sad to see her like that. At that moment my mind wandered to Christopher, my little son who had died just over a year ago, he had been in a similar situation, connected to machines. I really couldn't stand it if something like that happened to my (Y/n).

I left the room, walking towards the maternity unit, a nurse soon asked.

"What do you need?"

"I came to see my children..." I paused "My wife had twins, a girl and a boy. Vincent and Violet Afton."

She nodded with a smile.

"Oh yes, the twins, they are so cute. Come with me."

She guided me through several incubators, stopping in front of two.

"Here, Mr. Afton, these are your children."

I stared at the two babies for a long moment, it was still too early to know who they would look like, both were tiny and wore identical outfits in a light shade of purple, with a light yellow rabbit embroidered on the chest the only way to tell them apart. it was through a lilac bow with a small flower that adorned Violet's head.

At that moment I couldn't help but smile, even though (Y/n) was still unconscious, there was something about those children that reassured me the moment I saw them, I couldn't say what exactly made me have such a feeling, since those babies they had been my victims in the past, but seeing them there in the outfits that (Y/n) and I had chosen made me feel happy and whole again.