Season 4 Episode 14

"Tony. We understand," Steve said sincerely. "And I'm happy for you. I really am. But this is a second chance."

"I'm holding my second chance in my arms. I can't risk that one I can't help you with that. Your two second chances are both standing right next to you. So be smart and value what you have," Tony explained, pointing to Natasha and Abigail, ending the discussion. He wasn't going to sacrifice the present or the future to save the past that had already been lost. "If you don't talk about work, you can stay for dinner." They decided to stay and happily said hello to Pepper Potts inside. "Abigail wow have you grown," Pepper greeted her and gave both her and Natasha a warm hug. It had been a long time since the three women had seen each other and of course they didn't knew about the little girl. "I see someone's grown up here, too," Abigail joked, pointing to the little brown-haired girl who was enthusiastically jumping around her visitors.

"Well who are you?" she asked, kneeling down in front of the child and smiling kindly. Tony's daughter took an instant liking to her when she saw them on the porch. "Morgan, nice to meet you," replied addressed, playing with her hair. "Nice to meet you too little Morgan, I'm Abigail." Their conversation was interrupted when Tony joined them and of course immediately had a cheeky quip in store. "Look at that, our little one finally found someone her own size."

Little Stark laughed and was immediately taken in her arms by her father, while Novanoff just crossed her arms in front of her chest and gave him a played evil glare. "Forget it. You really need to find a new nickname for me." Natasha, Steve and Scott watched the scene from a safe distance and were relieved at how well the conversation was going. They had expected rather saddened and uncomfortable silence. "Now don't just stand there and sit down or the food will get cold," Pepper remarked, shooing everyone present to the large set dining table.

As usual, Potts didn't miss the taste of the unannounced guests in the least, and there was a comfortable silence for some time as everyone enjoyed the meal. It had been a long time since any of the three had eaten something so delicious, there was simply no time left for cooking.