Season 4 Episode 19

Steve couldn't believe what a fiasco they had just experienced. Yes, they had succeeded in sending Scott through time. In a manner of speaking. But whatever they were doing, it wasn't right. They could never put their plan into action without taking far higher risks as long as they didn't manage to navigate through time correctly. And at the moment, even his unshakable optimism was reaching its limits. Sighing, he put his hands on his hips. He had moved away from the test site and was standing in front of the main entrance to the Avengers building.

Thanks to his good ears and because he was used to paying attention to everything that approached him, he was sure she was there even before her words arrival. "We'll find a way," sounded the tender voice of the little Widow and he turned to her only to read in her eyes her statement corrected. "We must find a way". And he agreed with her, but their hands were tied. Unless some miracle inspiration should overtake Bruce, they were right back where they started. "I know," he sighed at her unspoken statement and pulled her into his arms. Hearing, he tilted his head and now heard someone new arrive. Or, in the first place, he heard something arriving.

The engine noise of a car, which was fast approaching. Steve turned his gaze to the long driveway that wound all around the compound. He squinted and could make out a sports car in the distance. Abigail immediately recognized which car it was and jumped up and down like a little kid Christmas Eve.

The car sped around the bend and stopped right in front of the entrance and a few feet away from the two of them. Immediately it was put into reverse and the driver backed up until the driver's door was right next to Steve. The window was lowered. "Why are you pulling a face like that? Let me guess: He turned into a baby."

Novanoff rolled his eyes at Tony's comment. Why was he always so cocky? But he was right, after all. Steve looked Tony Stark in the face and puffed bitterly. "Among other things, he did, yes," he admitted. "What
are you doing here?" Tony opened the car door. "Is the EPR paradox."

"Ah yes why didn't we think of that?" joked Abigail wryly, crossing her arms. Her joy at his sudden arrival was gone for now. Steve had no idea what it was either while watching Tony disembark. "Instead of sending Lang through time, maybe you send time through Lang," Tony explained. "It's really dangerous, tricky. Someone should have advised you against it."

"You did," Steve admitted. "Oh, did I?" retorted Tony, equal parts amused and self-satisfied. "Well, it's a good thing you got me. Anyway..." Tony raised a hand and showed Steve what looked like in futuristic watch band.