Season 4 Episode 25

"We'll get along," she promised him. "Now you'll find peace." She knew she had to let him go. Tony shuddered all over, and Pepper put a hand on the arc reactor on his chest. The reactor's light went out. Tony's hand slipped down. Pepper gave Tony a kiss on the cheek, propped her forehead against his shoulder, and let her tears run free.

Screams came from Abigail's throat as she watched the two most important people in her life die and there was absolutely nothing she could do about it. As if the sight wasn't bad enough, painful white light changed her perception again.

Mjölnir lay on the platform and Steve looked at the hammer. He tapped his time travel bracelet and the time travel suit encased his Captain America uniform. "How long is this going to take?", Sam wanted to know from Bruce. "For in as long as he needs. For us, five seconds," Bruce replied. Steve stood on the platform and picked up Mjölnir. "You ready to go, Cap? All right, I'll meet you back here, okay?" "You got it." Steve was confident as ever. Bruce activated the quantum tunnel. "Into the quantum tunnel! Three ... two ... One!" Before their eyes, Steve shrank to microscopic size, the tunnel opened, and he disappeared. But five seconds later, he didn't reappear. Yet there by the lake he sat. The Captain America was changed it was not theirs. He was older and looked frail.

When he had the chance he had stayed, leaving everyone and especially Abigail behind. Tears streamed down her flushed cheeks and she tried to catch her breath. But she was not allowed a quiet minute. For the last time, the image before her eyes changed.

Now she saw herself controlling an entire city and living a happy life with Natasha, Steve and Danny. But people only suffered that she could be happy. More and more often she found herself in a situation where the three of them almost found out her secret and she became more and more unhappy. Suddenly Agatha, who she already knew from S.H.I.E.L.D., showed up and fought her to absorb her powers again and this time completely. "It is your destiny to destroy the world."

Events flashed before her eyes and she stumbled to the ground. Everything she had seen was not allowed to happen like this. That was certain. She had to save Natasha by sacrificing herself for her. Tony would be protected by letting Pietro be involved in the plan. He would then go to Carol after she was dead so she would snap her fingers herself. Her power came from an Infinity stone and so she would be able to withstand his power. And Steve would not even be tempted to disappear into his old time if he still had Natasha with him. Last but not least, everyone in Westview would be spared if she died and thus never became the Scarlet Witch. With wobbly legs, she made her way home to put her plan into action. Hopefully they hadn't started yet, if Natasha was against her coming along anyway.