Season 5 Episode 13

Before he left on his mission, however, he had one more thing to do. When he arrived at the destroyed headquarters, he walked a few meters further to a piece of forest, which had miraculously remained untouched. Under a blossom tree, there was no longer just one gravestone, but three. Natasha Romanoff, Abigail Romanoff, Danny Dinsono. Under Natasha were the words Mother, Sister, Avenger while Abigail's name read Daughter, Sister, Avenger. They had had no body of Nat to bury. But Steve had insisted on memorializing them here together. Slowly, he bent down and placed a rose on the grave of his teammates, even though they had been so much more to him.

It was his way of saying goodbye. At least, that's what everyone thought. "I will find you again," he promised as he let go of the delicate flower. "I will."

"So remember, take the stones back to the moment they were removed, otherwise you create nasty alternate realities," Bruce Banner warned his friend. The huge man stood in front of the destroyed headquarters of the Avengers on the edge of a forest that, amazingly, still existed. His arm, which he carried in a sling, hurt more than he could have ever imagined. He made sure all six Infinity Stones were inside. Bruce slid the case over to Steve. "Don't worry, Bruce," Steve reassured his friend, folding the case closed. "I'll drain all the tributaries dry."

"I tried. When I had the glove on ... I tried everything to get her back." Bruce was talking about her missing colleague. But to him, she had been far more than all that. "I miss her, man." Steve looked Bruce in the eye. "Me too," he confessed quietly. Natasha had impacted more people than she had ever realized. But he would do everything in his power to get her back. Then Steve walked over to Sam, who was standing at the control panel of the new transportable quantum tunnel Bruce had built for this mission. Bucky was there as well.