The Training Course(Mario[The Super Mario Bros. Movie] X Reader)

Yes, I simp for Mario more than Luigi. I actually see myself as more Luigi than Mario, so that probably explains why I like Mario more. Luigi's cute, don't get me wrong, but Mario, man. He's boyfriend material.

-------

Even though Bowser wasn't a threat anymore, Peach still allowed you to train. Even though you knew Mario and Luigi would come to your aid if you were to be the damsel in distress, you wanted to be able to take care of yourself.

So, here you were, running the training course for the umpteenth time. Not because you'd keep failing, but because your brain would come up with new methods to run the course before you'd succeed each prior method. You'd been training for about a week and a half. At least the Mushrooms didn't have much of a taste.

You punched through the wooden cutout of Bowser and slid onto the doughnut blocks. You got to your feet before the one under you disappeared and ran toward the Bullet Bill blasters. The dummy Bullet Bills shot towards you. You jumped into the air and used each dummy to launch yourself higher. Your hand soon wrapped around the flagpole and you swung around it before sliding down. Once your feet hit the ground, the realization kicked in.

You cleared the course.

"Oh, my God, I did it."

"(N/N), you did it!"

You looked over in the direction of the additional voice to see Mario by the platform's vacant spot. He was hopping excitedly.

You couldn't help but smile. Once the platform traveled and locked back into its place in the castle's wall, Mario instantly gave you a hug. You giggled while hugging back.

"How much did you see?" you asked.

"The second ya ate the mushroom," he replied. He gave your body a squeeze. "I'm so proud a' you."

"Thanks, Mario. Weird question, but would you mind hitting me? To get me back to my real size?"

Mario then proceeded to give a good punch to your shoulder blade. It didn't hurt, but it was enough to get rid of the power-up's effects. You shrunk down to your normal (Height) stature. Mario's embrace felt much better than before. You both pulled away but not completely. Mario had his hands on your waist and yours were on his shoulders.

You could see the hearts in his eyes. Neither of you wanted to let go.

"(Y/N), I gawtta tell you something," he started.

"Yeah, Mario?" you coaxed.

"I'm in love with you," he confessed.

"Good to know," you smiled then kissed him. He was surprised at first, but a moment later, you felt him kiss back. He pulled you close again.

You both pulled back with matching smiles and blushing cheeks.

"Wanna come over tonight? Have a sleepover with me and Lu?" he asked.

You giggled softly. "I'd love to."

-------

Chances are even though I'll be busy Friday, I'll probably end up squeezing a one shot or two in before the events start. 

I won't be surprised if that ends up happening.

As always, embrace your weirdness and I'll see you in the next one shot.

- The Self Shipping Weirdo