Fight Distractions(Holt Hyde[Monster High] X Shapeshifter!Reader)

I wanted to post Holt to "even it out," per se, with Jackson, so here we go. The ever so lovely EyerusCat helped me come up with this. I hope you like it, Eyerus.

-------

-Reader's P.O.V.-

As I was getting my stuff for Study Howl from my locker, I heard a certain cat's voice.

"Hey, normie."

"Ugh, God," I muttered before closing my locker. Toreli and I locked eyes. Meowlody and Purrsephone were with her, as always. "What, Toreli."

"I've been meaning to ask you something," she said.

"Okay," I said slowly. My heartbeat sped up. I knew something was going to happen.

"What makes you think you belong here?"

My blood began to boil and I felt my body temperature begin to rise. "Excuse me?"

"You're only half monster. You're not even really one of us. You don't even shift into monsters. What, do you like being human?" she sneered. "You'd fit in way better at the normie school."

I grit my teeth. Toreli had a way of getting me so close to my limit in a matter of seconds.

"You don't belong here."

I instantly became a fire elemental. My hair roared to life and defied gravity like a bonfire. My pupils disappeared and my now white eyes glowed brightly with anger. Before I could say anything to her, I was suddenly spun around by electric blue hands and matching lips pressed to mine.

It was Holt.

The distraction caught me off guard. He pulled back before I could return the kiss. The DJ looked at the feline.

"She does belong here," he said. "Half monster or not, as long as she has any percent of monster blood flowin' through her veins, she's a Monster. A badass one at that."

My glowing eyes and violently flicking hair calmed down a bit at his words.

Toreli growled with her fists clenched. She rushed away. Meowlody and Purrsephone hissed loudly at us before catching up with their leader.

Holt led me away from my locker and to his. We faced each other. Holt had his hands on my shoulders. We stared into each other's eyes as I slowly calmed down. My hair slowly burned out as I shifted back into a human with a deep sigh.

Holt pulled me into a hug. I clung to him.

"Ya know, firefly, you're pretty smokin' when you're mad," he gently teased.

I softly glared at him. "Are you kidding me?"

He kissed my nose. "Nope. You're hot when you shift from anger." He cupped my cheeks and began kissing all over my face.

My nose was scrunched and my eyes were squeezed shut. I grabbed his wrists.

The fire elemental ended with a soft kiss to my lips. This time, I was able to kiss back. Holt's hands left my cheeks and held me close. My arms wrapped around his neck.

We pulled back after a few moments. The ghouls walked by us.

"We'll take care of Toreli," Cleo said with a smirk.

"Nobody messes with you on our watch," Lagoona added.

"Thanks, guys," I said before they got out of earshot.

Holt pulled me closer and gave my form a squeeze. He pecked my forehead repeatedly. "You good now?" he asked between kisses.

"I am now," I replied. I couldn't help but smile. "You really think I'm badass?"

"The most badass monster here," he said with a final kiss to my nose.

-------

Shadow should be next again if I can get this idea figured out. It has to do with sea shanties and the fact that Shadow has a pirate captain outfit for Sonic Dash and the mobile version of Sonic Forces.

I really hope I can get it figured out because I really want to see what I can come up with.

As always, embrace your weirdness and I'll see you in the next one shot.

- The Self Shipping Weirdo