Loving Gestures(Dib Membrane[Invader Zim] X Reader)

I'm trying to convince myself to just pump new characters out and fuck the statistics.

-------

-Reader's P.O.V.-

Sitting in my desk with my chin in my palm, I listened to Ms. Bitters give a lecture on why Valentine's Day was the worst holiday of the year.

Every person in the class could tell it was opinionated.

Glancing down at my phone as it sat in my lap, I thought about sending Dib a quick text.

Looking over at him, I could tell he was bored out of his mind.

Now was the perfect time.

My fingers swiftly unlocked my phone as I kept my eyes on Ms. Bitters, pretending to pay attention as I typed in my passcode.

Glancing down at my phone to see the home screen, I tapped the messaging app and tapped Dib's contact before using the swiping feature on my keyboard to type.

(Y/N): Why does she always do this on holidays? Christmas is bad, Halloween's bad, St. Patrick's Day is bad.

Looking at Dib as I sent the text, I watched as he looked down at his black phone before looking at me.

A slight smile grazed his features as he looked down at his phone and swiped at his keyboard to type his response.

Upon sending it, he looked up at Ms. Bitters before looking at me out of the corner of his eye.

I looked back down, feeling the short vibration of my phone receiving the message.

Dib: All of her lectures about holidays are what she thinks of them. Then again, she's a monster. Of course all of her opinions are negative.

We continued to text, pretending to pay as much attention as we could.

(Y/N): Ain't that the truth?
Dib: How do you feel about meeting me by the flagpole after school so we can celebrate Valentine's Day the right way instead of listening to Ms. Bitters?

I looked up at Dib, holding back a smile before looking back down at my phone and replying to his text.

(Y/N): Done. I'm excited to find out what you have planned, Dibby.

Dib and I looked at each other with sparkling eyes.

-

I let out a groan as the bell rang, signalling the end of the school day.

Getting up, Dib walked over to me as I began to pack my stuff up.

"I'll see you at the flagpole. I have to get something from my locker," he said.

I nodded, kissing his cheek. "All right, Dib."

A soft blush tinted his cheeks before he walked out.

Once at the flagpole, I sat my bag down as I waited for Dib, watching the students walk off campus.

After a few minutes of waiting, I saw Dib walk out into the courtyard.

We smiled at each other as he came up to me.

"Ready for your surprise?" he asked, having a hand behind his back.

I nodded.

He revealed a necklace box before opening it, a sterling silver necklace with a (birthstone) heart shaped pendant resting against the inside padding.

My eyes widened. "Oh, my God.. Dib, this is beautiful.."

He took it out of the box before clipping it around my neck.

Smiling, he replied, "It brings the color out in your eyes."

I pulled him into a hug, kissing his cheek. "Dibby, I love this. Thank you so much."

He hugged back, kissing my forehead. "I also have chocolates for you, but I was thinking we could share them while watching the sunset."

I smiled, our arms around each other as we looked at each other. "I didn't know you were a romantic, Dib."

He smiled sheepishly. "Well, I thought we could do something special since it's Valentine's Day. I wanted to treat you."

I giggled softly, kissing his nose. "Happy Valentine's Day, Dibby."

I noticed a pink blush tint his cheeks as he smiled at me. "Happy Valentine's Day, (N/N)."

"I love you."

"I love you, too."

-------

I'm gonna go back to 2015 for the next two one shots.

Time to bring back Sans.

As always, embrace your weirdness and I'll see you in the next one shot.

- The Self Shipping Weirdo