To the Surface(Atlas[Bioshock Infinite: Burial at Sea] X Reader)

Since I have cosplay plans today, I'm going for shorter one shots.

-------

-Reader's P.O.V.-

I walked into the metro station of the Rapture Welcome Center. Tenenbaum had taken the last bathysphere with the cured girls to the surface. I'd let them.

While I didn't regret my decision, every drop of hope of leaving was lost. Now Atlas and I could never escape the hell of Rapture.

I looked at the empty bathysphere station. Tears rimmed my eyes. I swallowed the lump in my throat. I went over to the giant windows. I pressed a hand to the stained glass and looked past the city up toward the surface. Tears rolled down my face as I began to softly cry.

"We're never getting out of here..." I murmured in despair.

"(Y/N), there ya are," Atlas said. He then proceeded to kill a Spider Splicer with an Exploding Buck that was targeting me. I flinched at the shot. The body hit the ground with a meaty thud. Atlas noticed my demeanor. "Hey, hey. What's wrong?"

I kept my eyes on the ocean. "We're never gonna be free of this hellhole.."

The Irishman pulled me into a hug. "Yes, we are."

I clung to him. "How..? Tenenbaum took the last bathysphere.."

Atlas smiled then gestured to the empty bathysphere station. As if on cue, a bathysphere docked and its door opened.

"What-.. How.." I said in disbelief.

"Ye really think Tenenbaum would leave us here after savin' all the kids?" he smiled. "It's not like ya told 'er not t' send the bathysphere back."

"I figured she would've been too busy with the girls.." I assumed. The realization finally hit. I began sobbing violently in happiness. Atlas held me tightly.

My tears stained his beige button down. He didn't seem to care. His hand rubbed up and down my back. He picked me up with my legs around his waist and my arms around his neck then used his free hand to pick up a medium sized suitcase. He carried me to the bathysphere. The door closed automatically. He sat on one of the seats with me still sobbing into the crook of his neck. He pulled the lever and the bathysphere left the station.

Atlas continued to comfort me. Once my sobbing ceased to sniffles, I looked at him with red, swollen eyes. He smiled softly and kissed my forehead.

"We'll reach the surface soon, darlin'."

"I can't wait.." 

-------

How is this 378 words? I feel like it was shorter than that when I originally wrote it.

As always, embrace your weirdness and I'll see you in the next one shot.

- The Self Shipping Weirdo