Restoring His Freedom(King Dice[Cuphead] X Reader)

So. I'm back from the dead. Short lived as always, but longer than usual because I actually did quit self shipping for a few days then I was just in denial about it for the rest of it to appease my anxiety.

Thanks to the always wonderful EyerusCat, I've decided to do things a bit differently. Instead of posting and deleting chapters saying I'm quitting when my anxiety flares up, I'm just going to put it in the beginning of the last one shot I post until when and if it passes. I have a feeling it annoys you guys when I post then delete chapters like that because it annoys me and feels unprofessional even though this shouldn't be professional at all all things considered.

-------

-Reader's P.O.V.-

"Ya can take yer break now, (Y/N)," Chips said whilst walking past the bar.

"Thanks, Chips," I replied. I finished drying the shot glass in my hand and put it away. I grabbed a water bottle from the ice box behind me then fled my workstation. I headed outside.

The breeze of the summer night gently blew my hair around. The stars winked and twinkled in the black sky. I opened my water bottle and took a few swigs. I leaned against the casino's exterior while listening to the ruckus coming from inside. I swallowed a mouthful of water upon hearing a faint sniffle.

I turned my head around the corner of the casino. There sat King Dice on the curb with his left knee propping up his left arm. A lit cigar rested in between his gloved fingers. His right hand covered the same side of his face. The street lights gave away the silent tears that were sliding down his cheeks.

I stepped out into his peripheral vision. He took notice of my presence. His piercing green eyes bored daggers into my soul. I went over to him.

"Want some company?" I gently asked.

He nodded before taking a long drag. I sat next to him as he deeply blew the smoke from his lungs.

We sat in silence for a bit. I placed a gentle hand on his shoulder. His right hand went from his face to my hand.

"You okay?" I started.

"I've had enough," he said simply. He put his cigar out with his foot. His eyes were set on the ground in front of him.

"The Devil?" I assumed.

The manager gave an angry sigh with a nod. "Yes. Fuck, why did I sign that damn contract?"

"Is there anything I can do?" I asked.

"Nah," he said. "I don't want you to get hurt." He swallowed a lump in his throat while wiping his eyes with his free hand.

I got an idea. It was risky, but it'd be worth it if it worked. "There is."

Dice looked at me with a cocked eyebrow. "You're schemin', aren't you?"

"I have my ways, Dice," I said. I kissed his cheek, got up, and went back inside.

-

My idea had worked and I couldn't help my overly chipper mood because of it. I tried my best to hide it from Dice. I wanted to surprise him.

I was cleaning some shot glasses when Dixe came over to the bar. I smiled at him. "Hey, Dice. What'll you have?"

He say directly in front of me. His eyes locked with mine. "I'd like a li'l chat, sugar. Is there somethin' ya wanna tell me? The Devil isn't in his office and you're way too excited."

My excitement was replaced with anxiety. "Oh. Yeah. About that."

His eyebrow cocked slightly. "Yes?"

"I..." I started then took a deep breath to try and calm my nerves, "I exorcised the Devil last night."

Dice smirked. "So, you were schemin'."

"I also tore up your contract," I said slowly. "Are you mad?"

His eyes glowed a bright green. "Not at all, sugar. Not at all. Why would I be mad at you for gettin' me my freedom back?"

-------

As always, embrace your weirdness and I'll see you in the next one shot.

- The Self Shipping Weirdo