A Tired Boxer(Little Mac[Punch-Out!(2009)] X Reader)

Last one for today.

-------

Today was one of Mac's days off from training. He was the world champion, but Doc didn't want him to lose his touch.

The two of you were currently sleeping. The morning sun shone through the window and right onto your face. You pulled the blanket over your head in response. You rubbed your eyes then looked down to see Mac's head on your chest.

He was out cold.

Your arms held him close. Mac was usually the big spoon when you slept, but you wanted to make him feel as loved and protected as he made you feel. You kissed his head softly. Memories of his way to the top flashed in your mind.

Mac's breathing was slow and deep as he slept. You put a gentle hand on the back of his head.

I'm so proud of him, you thought.

Mac nuzzled his face against your chest as he dreamed. After a few minutes, he woke up with a soft groan.

You kissed his head. "Good morning, Little Macintosh."

He tiredly rolled his eyes and gently flicked my nose. "You're lucky I can't think of anything on the spot."

You giggled softly. "I know I say this a lot, but I'm so proud of you."

Mac laid his head back down on your chest. He squeezed your form lovingly then kissed your heart. "I wouldn't be where I am without you."

You smiled. You stroked his hair. "Glad to be of service."

Mac's hold slowly loosened. 

"You're going back to sleep, aren't you?"

"Mhm.."

-------

This one's apparently over 200 words. How.

As always, embrace your weirdness and I'll see you in the next one shot.

- The Self Shipping Weirdo