Sneaking Out(Dib Membrane[Invader Zim] X Irken!Reader)

This one's long.

-------

-Reader's P.O.V.-

I kept my eyes downcast while walking to Dib's. I had snuck out of Zim's base due to his insistence that I don't have any contact with the Membrane son. He didn't want me to get attached to one of his "future slaves." I reluctantly agreed, but only to shut him up.

Dib had known about Zim's insistence of me staying away from him. I couldn't keep anything from him. We had decided to see each other when we could during skool and he let me over anytime during the night on weekends.

All I had to do was sneak in through his window. Zim stayed in his lab for around seven hours after 9:00 PM, so that gave me more than enough time with Dib. I just had to be back before four in the morning.

I went up to the Membrane residence. My PAK legs emerged from my life source. They lifted me to Dib's window. 

He kept it open the slightest bit so I could open it and he could keep the wind and bugs out without fully closing it.

I opened the window with my disguised eyes on the sleeping Membrane. I carefully entered his room. My PAK legs slinked  back into my PAK. I closed the window to the point of it being slightly open. 

I crawled into bed and curled up into Dib's form. I smiled, noticing his arms embrace me. A yawn escaped him whilst his eyes slowly opened. I felt his grip on me tighten on me a bit. I looked up at him.

"I didn't mean to wake you, Dib," I whispered.

"It's okay.." he replied tiredly. He pulled my wig off and tossed it onto the floor.

My antennae stretched upon feeling the air touch them before curling back up.

Dib rubbed his eyes before looking down at me. He carefully pulled my contacts out to reveal my (eye color) Irken eyes.

"Zim won't be able to take over the planet," I murmured. "You're not going to become a slave to him."

He pressed a kiss to the top of my head. "I didn't think he would. The size of his ego gets in the way."

I smiled up at him. "You think he's got a big ego, too?"

Dib returned the smile. "How can I not? It's painfully obvious."

I giggled softly. "I thought I was the only one."

"How're you holding up?" he asked.

"I'd be better if Zim didn't force me into his plans for world domination," I sighed. "I never wanted to dominate a planet in the first place, nor do I want you to get involved."

"I might pretend to humor him. He's nothing without my determination to capture him. I won't though, for your sake," he replied.

"He's pretty entertaining when he's paranoid," I commented. "Annoying since he won't let me see you, but pretty entertaining all in all."

"How's G.I.R.?" he wondered.

"G.I.R.'s G.I.R.," I smiled. "He sees me kind of like a mother to him. I feel like he likes me more than Zim. He still likes you a lot."

"Want me to give you a cupcake or something for him when you leave?"

"Do you have anything he'd like?"

"A burrito in the fridge from dinner two days ago and a vanilla cupcake with blue cream cheese icing from yesterday that I honestly forgot about until now."

"I'll take the burrito when I leave. You deserve the cupcake."

"I'd rather have you. You're sweeter."

I felt my cheeks heat up.

-

I was curled up into Dib while he held me close. The male had fallen asleep while we were talking. Looking at the clock, my eyes widened a bit. 

It was 3:50.

I carefully got out of the Membrane son's hold. I put my wig back on and my contacts back in.

"Sweet dreams, Dib-sweet," I whispered into his ear. "I love you."

I grabbed the burrito for G.I.R. from the fridge in the kitchen before leaving the house without a trace.

I smiled to myself at the memories of the night flooding my mind on the walk back to Zim's base.

-------

Let's see what the randomizer gives me for the next three one shots.

As always, embrace your weirdness and I'll see you in the next one shot.

- The Self Shipping Weirdo