Slipping Sanity(Medic[Team Fortress 2] X Fem!Wilson Higgsbury!Reader)

This is the original fan fiction I wrote for the Medic X Wilson!Reader. I don't really think it makes much of a difference if I make the reader Wilson or not besides the dialect.

-------

-Reader's P.O.V.-

I could feel my sanity slowly turning to insanity. I had been here for way too long. Dr. Ludwig had joined me in my torment a few months back. We were now a couple. We benefited one another when we were together. When we were apart, however, I struggled.

Thinking I would be all right alone for once, I'd gone off to gather some food and fuel for the fire pit. That was a ginormous mistake.

One thought after another filled my mind. My paranoia was off the scale. I needed to get back to our base.

I hurried through the forest that housed the fire fuel I'd collected. My quick-paced walking transitioned to running. The day turned to dusk. My fear heightened.

I tried to ignore the thoughts that swarmed in my mind. I couldn't give Maxwell the satisfaction of succeeding in driving me off my rocker.

I manipulated myself to think of Dr. Ludwig. I felt myself become a bit red in the cheeks.

After five minutes that felt like an eternity, I finally arrived at the base. I ran into the house to find Dr. Ludwig repairing a hole in his coat.

He smiled at me prior to noticing my distress. Upon noticing, his smile faded and he hurried over to me. He took my gatherings from me. He set them on the table next to the crock pot. He led me to the bed and sat me down. His hands gripped my shoulders.

"Tell me how you feel," he said. "Speak your mind."

I began to go off on a tangent. "I can feel my sanity slipping. Maxwell's going to succeed. The thoughts are growing. I feel so frightened and paranoid. Something will kill us. I'm certain of it."

"He's never going to win, liebling. We won't let him. We will live. I promise you that," he said.

My eyes were locked in front of me. Dr. Ludwig stood from the bed. He went over to the chest in the corner of the house. He retrieved twelve flowers to create a garland.

Once it was created, he set it on my head. He sat back down. His strong arms embraced me. My head rested on his shoulder. He kept a gentle hand on the nape of my neck. He began tenderly scratching at the nape. He knew how I reacted to that.

Due to the sensation, I felt a pleasant tingling in my spine. It helped me calm down a bit.

Dr. Ludwig murmured encouraging words and sweet nothings in both German and English into my ear. He kept a secure embrace around my form.

After about twenty minutes, I lifted my head up from his shoulder.

He locked eyes with me. "How do you feel now?"

"Sane," I smiled in relief. "I deeply appreciate all you do for me, Ludwig."

A kiss was pressed to my forehead.

"I am a doctor after all," he smiled. "My job is to keep you alive. I love you."

"And I love you."

-------

As always, embrace your weirdness and I'll see you in the next one shot.

- The Self Shipping Weirdo