Rides Home(Shadow the Hedgehog X Reader)

-------

-Reader' P.O.V.-

"Oh, Mobius! I'm at a friend's party. I totally forgot."

"...No, it's fine."

I sighed as I ended the call. At least I had more than one contact.

I scrolled to Shadow's. My finger hesitated over his name. I tapped it and held my phone to my ear. My stomach churned.

He picked up on the second ring. "Hello."

"Hey, Shadow. Are you busy?"

"No."

"...Could you give me a ride home? Vanessa bailed on me."

"I'll be there soon."

"Thank you, Shadow. I owe you." 

-

I watched the black and red hedgehog pull up to where I was on his Harley. I stood and tied my hoodie around my waist.

"Please cut ties with Vanessa," he begged.

"I will. I'll do it when I get home," I told him. I sat behind him.

"I would have driven my car in regards for your safety, but it's in the shop," he explained.

I wrapped my arms around him. "It's fine, Shadow. I'm just happy you showed."

The short ride home began. I clung to Shadow while trying to ignore my pink cheeks and drumming heart.

Once at my house, Shadow parked in my driveway. I slid off his Harley and gave him a hug. "Thank you, Shadow."

He hugged back. "You're welcome. Send me proof you cut ties with Vanessa."

"Okay. I'll try to make it brutal."

He chuckled quietly. "She does deserve it." He then whispered into my ear as he pulled back from the embrace, "I love you."

His confession caught me off guard. "Wait, really?"

He gave me a single nod.

I smiled then kissed his cheek. "I love you too, Shadow."

His cheeks became warm. "Good night, (Y/N)."

"Get home safe, Shadow."

I watched him turn his Harley on and leave. I smiled to myself before dealing with Vanessa.

-------

As always, embrace your weirdness and I'll see you in the next one shot.

- The Self Shipping Weirdo