Scheduled Physical Contact(Aran Ryan[Punch-Out!{2009}] X Reader)

I think trying to not get burnt out by not stressing about keeping up with my audience is working too well since I don't post on a regular schedule as well as my motivation being unpredictable.

I don't know if that's a good thing that I don't care enough to update as often as I can or not.

Looking back, this one's kinda cringy.

-------

-Reader's P.O.V.-

I was sitting on the couch watching TV. Aran was in the shower after his workout. I had my legs folded while I was sinking into the cushions.

Aran came into the living room after about seven minutes, dressed and clean. He sat next to me before laying down across the couch with his head in my lap.

The Irishman was touch starved and he'd go a good month without much physical contact besides boxing. Once he couldn't take it anymore, he came to me. Every time.

What can I say?

I used it as an excuse to play with his hair without him breaking my jaw.

He faced my stomach with closed eyes. My fingers began playing with his damp red tresses.

"How long has it been this time?" I asked.

"Mm. A month and a week?" he guessed.

"If you need contact, just ask, Aran. You can't do this to yourself," I advised. My fingers massaged his scalp.

"I don't need touch all the time," he countered.

"Not all the time, no, but you can't go a fucking month or more without it," I said.

"Whatever," he rolled his eyes. He then proceeded to nuzzle his face into my stomach.

"Hey, Aran," I said after a few minutes of playing with his hair.

"Hm," he responded. 

"I love you," I blurted.

The schmuck looked up at me in surprise. His cheeks were red. Mine matched his. Out of the blue, he pulled my head down and connected our lips. His hand buried itself in my (hair color) tresses.

I kissed back while cupping his cheek.

I guess he'll be much less touch starved now.

-------

Why am I now feeling self conscious about my writing again? For fuck's sake.

As always, embrace your weirdness and I'll see you in the next one shot.

- The Self Shipping Weirdo