Cake Baking(Prince Gumball[Adventure Time] X Reader)

Time for a writing marathon, bois. 

Good thing I'm wearing a wrist brace.

-------

It was another sunny spring day in the Land of Aaa. You were walking to the Candy Kingdom to see Gumball. Your (color) flat-clad feet pressed against the grass of the Grass Lands.

You soon got to the river that separated the Candy Kingdom from Fionna and Cake's tree house. You pulled up your leggings to your knees and pulled off your foot socks and flats.

Thank Glob the river was only shin deep.

You carefully tread across the river, being mindful of anything slippery on the floor of the water source. You stepped out on the other side. You shook your feet dry before sliding your foot socks and flats back on and continuing your walk.

You let the air dry your legs. Once they were, you pulled your leggings back down. The ends went to a bit above your ankles.

You soon got to the entrance of the Candy Kingdom. One of the Gumball Guardians looked down to see you. He knelt down to you with a hand to the ground. You stepped onto his hand. The Guardian got up and carried you to the Candy Castle.

Once at the castle, the Gumball Guardian set his hand down at the front door. You slid off and smiled in thanks up at him. You watched him go back to his spot at the Candy Kingdom's wall.

You opened the castle door and walked in. Even though you'd been to the castle multiple times, you always felt so small.

Peppermint Maid came into the foyer in response to hearing the door open. She noticed you. "Oh, hello, (Y/N)."

You smiled down at her. "Hi, P.M.. Is Gumball here?"

"He's in the kitchen getting ready to make a cake for Fionna's birthday party tomorrow night," she replied.

"Thank you, Peppermint Maid," you smiled before walking into the kitchen.

Gumball was rummaging through the refrigerator for the ingredients. You went over to him.

"Hey, Gumball," you spoke to alert him of your presence.

He looked over his shoulder at you while grabbing three eggs. He smiled at you. "Hello, cupcake."

"So, Peppermint Maid told me what you're doing. Can I help?" you asked.

He smiled a bit wider. "I'd like that."

You smiled as well. You went over to the kitchen sink and began to wash your hands. Gumball came up behind you and put an apron around your neck then tied the waist strings. He then secured your hair into a loose braid down your back.

"As much as I love your hair, you need to have it up, crème puff," he advised before kissing your cheek.

You giggled softly. "I know, gum wad."

The both of you got started.

"I'll make the frosting and decorations and things like that, okay? All you have to do is follow the recipe," Gumball said while starting on a cream cheese frosting.

"Got it," you confirmed. You looked at the recipe card for the cake that was on the counter. You started with combining and beating the butter and sugar for three to five minutes. After the mixture was fluffy and light, you added each of the three eggs, one at a time.

The sound of Gumball's mixer being on its highest setting caused you to look up from your bowl and at him. 

You flinched as a bit of frosting hit your cheek. Gumball gasped at what happened. He turned the mixer off.

You dabbed at the frosting with the tip of a finger before tasting it. Gumball grabbed a towel and hurried over to you.

"I'm so sorry, honey bun," he apologized. He attempted to wipe the frosting off of your cheek, but you stopped him by grabbing his wrist. You wiped off the frosting with a clean finger and held it to Gumball's mouth.

A soft blush tinted the gum prince's naturally pink cheeks. He took your finger into his mouth and sucked the frosting off of it.

You smiled. "Well?"

He smiled. "Tasty, but it needs more sugar."

You giggled softly. "Fionna sure loves her sugary cakes. Do you think she'll like it?"

"Definitely. She'll love it," Gumball assured before kissing your forehead.

-------

I'm kind of surprised this was over 600 words. I'm hoping the rest will be like that.

As always, embrace your weirdness and I'll see you in the next one shot.

- The Self Shipping Weirdo