Minecraft(Jackson Jekyll[Monster High] X Shapeshifter!Reader)

I'm posting these right after I write them, I guess. There are two Minecraft song references in this one. One is a meme and one is an original song. Let me know in the comments if any of you spot the references.

-------

"Hey, Jackson," you greeted after the geek answered your Hiscord call.

"Hey, (Y/N)," he replied. "What game did we decide on again? I've been losing brain cells from studying so much."

"One, we decided on Minecraft, and two, you really don't need to study as much and hard as you do. You're one of the smartest students at school. Cut yourself some slack."

"I'll try," he said while you started the game. "Are we starting a new world or one of your existing ones?"

You stared at your world list. "That's a good question, actually. You know what? We'll start a new world so we both have to start from the ground up. It wouldn't be fair if I was decked out in diamond armor and you only had leather."

"You sure? I don't mind the level difference," he said.

"Yeah. Any name suggestions?" I asked.

Jackson hummed in thought. "Something simple?"

"Wait, what did Draculaura say our couple name is?"

"I think it was '(ship name)'."

"That's the world name."

You created a new infinite world in normal survival mode. You spawned in and Jackson spawned next to you moments later. You gasped at bees pollinating flowers nearby.

"They added bees?!" you exclaimed. "They're so cute!"

Jackson laughed. "We'll build an apiary once we get the basics set up. Honey doesn't really do anything epic, though."

"Can you eat it?" you asked.

"Yeah," he said. "It gets rid of poison effects, which I thought was pretty cool since honey has medicinal properties."

"Oh, yeah. I remember you telling me that," you smiled.

"So, what's the plan?"

"Build a house then get to the Nether."

"(N/N), look to your left."

You did as told. A meadow village had spawned a few chunks away from your spawn point.

"Wanna raid it? It'd give us a head start on supplies," Jackson suggested.

"Yeah. If anything, we're taking beds. I don't wanna waste time hunting sheep for wool," you said. You led the way to the village.

As the in-game day went on, you and Jackson focused on building a house and gathering food. It didn't take long to get a surplus of beef and mutton. You both were currently in your shelter watching the furnace turn the raw beef into steak.

"Should we go mob hunting? We're kind of protected," you stupidly asked in reference to your iron chestplate and Jackson's gold pants.

"(Y/N), I love you, but that's a bad idea considering the current circumstances," he said. "We'll easily die if we go outside."

You noticed a creeper peeking in through the windows of the oak door. "Shit. Creeper."

"Aw, man," Jackson sang. The two of you laughed at the reference. He then asked, "How're we gonna get rid of it? We can't sleep if it's there."

"I'll lure it away and try to kill it," you replied. "Stay here."

You equipped your stone sword, broke a hole into the wall and escaped, then replaced the oak planks of the house. The creeper followed you away from the house. You gave it a couple of swings. Unfortunately, a skeleton shot you with an arrow and pushed you into the creeper. Due to the close-enough proximity, the creeper exploded and left you with one heart. Another arrow from the skeleton took your life.

The red death screen stared at you.

"Dude."

"You saw that, right?"

"I'm killing that skeleton to avenge you."

"My hero."

You clicked "respawn."

-------

I'm having a bit of a hard time coming up with something for Holt, but I'm sure something will come to me eventually.

As always, embrace your weirdness and I'll see you in the next one shot.

- The Self Shipping Weirdo