Healing Sans the Medigun(Wilson Percival Higgsbury[Don't Starve] X Medic!Reader)

I'm grasping at straws, but it's fine since I'm working with very limited long enough one shots. I'm trying to make this book have a mostly equal amount of one shots for each character. The minimum for each is two.

When I say "Medic", I mean "TF2 Medic." Wilson X Medic is apparently a crossover ship and that's how this came to be. As well as the next long one shot I plan to post after this one. It's a Medic X Reader but in Don't Starve even though I originally wrote it as Medic X Wilson!Reader. Would that technically make no difference since the original gives no description of Wilson's appearance?

-------

-Reader's P.O.V.-

Today was Wilson's day to hunt. We were both capable of hunting together, yet we decided each of us would hunt every other day.

I knew he was strong. He had been in the Constant much longer than I had. He definitely knew what he was doing, no doubt.

Once Maxwell began creating more vile creatures, though, I became scared for the scientist on his hunting days. Wilson would insist he'd be fine before he left. There was just the fear of him dying far away from camp that I couldn't get rid of.

The hounds were less frequent today. I doubted Wilson would die due to the lack of danger.

I needed him alive.

It was about to become dusk. Wilson had yet to be back. I was coming back with fuel for the fire pit that was in Chester's mouth. I also had collected some minor things during my gathering.

I walked inside the stone walls that surrounded our base. Chester bounced along behind me.

We got inside the house. I retrieved my findings from Chester's mouth and tossed the eye bone onto the bed so he wouldn't follow me if I had to go outside for something. The dog-like creature got onto the bed.

Suddenly, the sound of rain was heard. Looking out the window, I saw Wilson running through the storm to get inside. He was soaked upon entering the house.

I noticed blood stain his white shirt.

"Liebling, what happened?" I asked. I took his findings to let him sit down.

The scientist peeled off his wet clothes. "A hound incident. Even if he's going easy on us, there's always a catch."

After setting his findings down on a table by the crock pot, I hung his clothes over the fire to dry. I handed him a new pair of briefs I'd sewn for him He slipped them on.

I growled lowly at the mention of Maxwell.

"Give me a bit to make a healing salve, liebe," I told him. "I will get you patched up."

He sat on the bed next to Chester. The creature nuzzled against him.

I made the salve within a few moments. I walked over to Wilson and sat on the side his wound was on. I cleaned it up as much as I could.

"The only reason why I dislike the salve is it stings when applied," he mentioned.

"The stinging means it's working, liebling," I smiled. I applied it to the wound and smoothed a honey poultice over it for extra measures. I took Wilson's hand to comfort him during the stinging of the salve. I knew the stinging ceased once Wilson deeply exhaled.

"How long, doctor?" he joked.

I giggled softly. I pulled him close to kiss his forehead. "A few days. How does your arm feel? Can you move it?"

Wilson lifted his arm with a wince. "I hope I'll be able to move it tomorrow. Fortunately, the hounds injured my recessive arm."

"That's good to hear," I replied. "You must be hungry from the hunting."

"I did collect a bit of meat," he smiled.

I kissed his cheek. "How does meat stew sound, liebling?"

"Delicious," he said happily.

-------

As always, embrace your weirdness and I'll see you in the next one shot.

- The Self Shipping Weirdo