Awake Before Sunrise(Cuphead[The Cuphead Show!] X Reader)

Since I'm home early from work due to mouth pain, I might as well get two short one shots I wrote posted. I also have a much longer one shot planned for tomorrow.

-------

It was about five in the morning on a summer day. You didn't want to be awake, but your body had a tendency to wake up between 4:00 and 5:30, even though you always wanted to sleep until 6:00.

You were in the living room reading a book since you thought everyone else was asleep. Elder Kettle usually woke up around seven and the boys slept until around eight or nine.

Quiet footsteps pulled you from your book. You looked up to see Cuphead creeping down the stairs. "Psst," you whispered to alert him in the candlelight.

"Oh. Mornin', teacup," he whispered.

"How come you're awake so early, Cups?" you softly asked. "You're never awake now."

"I wanted t' catch the sunrise. I finally remembered t' set my clock," he said. "Wanna come?"

You smiled. "Sure." You got up, put your book back onto the bookshelf, then followed Cuphead outside. Pitchfork was curled up like a cat by the door. The two of you got settled on a dewy patch of grass. You yawned softly.

"How long ya been awake for?" Cuphead asked.

"Since 4:15, I think," you replied. "I may or may not take a nap later."

"I would if I were ya, teacup," he advised.

The sun slowly began to rise over the horizon. The dark sky slowly became filled with orange, yellow, and pink hues. Your head rested on Cuphead's shoulder. His arm hooked around you.

As the sun got higher and higher, the sky became much more vibrant in color. The sunlight made your and Cuphead's eyes glow.

"Beautiful, huh?" Cuphead asked.

"Mhm. I really need to do this more often with how early my body wakes me up," you replied.

"I'm glad I could see it with you," he said. He kissed your temple.

"Me, too," you replied. "Wanna try to make this a regular thing?"

"Definitely. Wanna snuggle when we get back inside?"

"I think you know the answer to that."

-------

As always, embrace your weirdness and I'll see you in the next one shot.

-The Self Shipping Weirdo