A Sleepy DeWitt(Booker DeWitt[BioShock Infinite] X Reader)

Cranking out all these one shots today reminds me of when I first started my very first book. I really wish I didn't delete my stuff, in retrospect.

-------

-Reader's P.O.V.-

I peeked out of the kitchen at Booker. He was slumped in the chair by the couch, in a deep sleep. I bit my lip as I looked down at the food I was making.

Dinner's almost ready, but Booker needs his sleep, I thought. He needs to eat, too.

I went over to him. I rested my hand against his cheek, beginning to softly caress the skin. I watched him lean sleepily into my touch.

He must be dreaming of me, I thought with a smile. A small smile curled his lips. 

I leaned down to whisper into his ear whilst caressing his cheek, "Booker, honey. Rise and shine." I pulled back a bit to watch his eyes slowly open. I smiled. "That's it, Booker."

The smell of dinner stimulated his senses.

"Dinner's ready..?" he asked while rubbing his eyes.

I pressed a kiss to his forehead. "Mhm. You can go back to sleep after you eat, okay?"

The False Shepherd gave me a tired nod. He sat up. I walked back into the kitchen to make our plates. I gave him his.

"Was that comfortable?" I asked as we began to eat.

"For the most part. Excluding the minor back pain that I can just now feel," he said with a groan.

"Do you want me to get you an aspirin?" I asked after swallowing a bite of steak.

"I've been through worse," he replied before taking a bite of food. His green orbs brightened a bit. "Did you do something different? The steak has more flavor."

"I added garlic powder with the steak seasoning I usually add," I said. "Do you like it?"

He pressed a kiss to my cheek. "It's delicious."

I smiled. "I'm glad, Booker."

We had conversation as we ate.

When dinner was done, we cleaned up. I looked at Booker once we finished putting the dishes away.

The post-dinner fatigue had kicked in.

I grabbed his hand. I led him to the bedroom. "Let's get you to bed, False Shepherd."

He rolled his tired eyes at the name. He rubbed his face while sitting down on the bed. I went over to the dresser. Pulling out one of his T-shirts, I tossed it to him. He caught it with ease. My cheeks heated up as I watched him change his clothes.

He gave me a soft smirk before pulling the T-shirt over his head. I watched him go to the bathroom and begin to brush his teeth. He came back out a couple of minutes later and immediately got into bed.

I sat next to him. He folded an arm under his head. His gaze locked with mine. "Even when you're tired, you still look as handsome as ever," I smiled. I took his hand in mine.

He scoffed. "My eyes are bloodshot, (Y/N)." He then gave my hand a gentle squeeze. "But, thanks."

"Do you want me to stay with you until you fall asleep?" I asked.

"If you want to.." he yawned.

 I pressed a soft kiss to his forehead before a soft tune erupted from my throat.

It reminded me of a tune that a bard would play in an inn during the Renaissance.

I watched Booker's eyes become heavy. I smiled softly down at him. The Pinkerton's hand became a bit loose in my hold. I continued to softly hum to him.

I took notice of his soft breathing a little bit later.. I pressed a soft kiss to his forehead, whispering into his ear, "Sleep sweet, my savior."

-------

As always, embrace your weirdness and I'll see you in the next one shot.

- The Self Shipping Weirdo