Card Wars(Prince Gumball[Adventure Time] X Reader)

Here's Gumball. 

Has anyone played the Card Wars game on the App/Play Store? 

RIP. It was actually pretty fun.

-------

You smiled at Gumball as he set up the table on the balcony of his room for a game of Card Wars.

Fionna and Cake had taught you how to play and after winning a few rounds and finding out Gumball knew how to play, you and him agreed on a game.

He set two teacups, one having "Royalty" written on masking tape in purple marker on the saucer, the other having "Peasant" written on masking tape in black marker on the other saucer, on the side of the table, having a soda bottle filled with lemon juice and another bottle filled with what looked like either maraschino cherry juice or watermelon juice.

You giggled softly. "You have your own version of the 'Cool Guy/Loser' thing?"

"I do," he said with a soft chuckle. "I thought it'd be fitting to have 'Royalty/Peasant' as the labels."

"It's definitely fitting. So, the loser has to drink lemon juice while the winner gets the... what even is that? I can't tell," you said.

"It's watermelon juice. It tastes like watermelon hard candy," he replied, sitting across from you as he shuffled his deck. "Ready?"

You nodded before remembering a skill you lacked. "Gumball, do you mind shuffling my deck, please?"

The prince chuckled. "Not at all."

You handed him your deck, watching as he shuffled them.

He handed them back to you, smiling. "Lay your landscapes, honey."

You chose Blue Plains, Corn Fields, Useless Swamp, and Sandy Lands.

Gumball chose two Nice Lands and two Blue Plains.

After a few measly minutes, the both of you became competitive.

Gumball had a Fluffapillar and a Fairy Shepherd on the Nice Lands landscapes and two Grape Slimeys on the Blue Plains landscapes.

You had a Sand Angel on the Sandy Plains landscape, an Ethan Allfire on the Corn Fields landscape, a Grape Slimey on the Blue Plains landscape, and a Wandering Bald Man on the Useless Swamp landscape.

You smirked as you flooped your Ethan Allfire, lowering Gumball's Fairy Shepherd's health and destroying the creature.

"Ha," you said, looking at him.

He growled softly before laying down a Comfy Cave in his second Nice Lands landscape.

After about thirty minutes, Gumball was close to losing.

All you needed was a 'perfect' attack to win.

Once it was your turn to attack, you tried but failed to get three of four 'perfect' attacks.

You bit your lip on the last attack, managing to time it perfectly and cause Gumball to lose.

Your eyes widened as Gumball groaned, tilting his head back.

"Yes!" you giggled, punching the air.

Gumball smiled. He never had poor sportsmanship. "Good game, honey bun. The girls are teaching you well."

You were beaming. "Thanks, Bubba."

You poured the drinks, but instead of giving Gumball the lemon juice, you gave him the watermelon juice as well.

"Wait, why did I get watermelon juice if you won?" he asked.

You kissed his cheek. "Your good sportsmanship earned it."

You smiled at him as you took a sip. "Drink up, gum wad."

-------

If you guys don't know/don't remember from my old books/are new, I'm writing one shots from a majority of the notebooks I have and each one shot has a 50% possibility of having a different writing style than my current one. This one shot is a prime example of my old writing style. Most of the one shots I've written so far are from notebooks that are from the time after I changed my writing style. So if you're wondering why the writing looks weird with all the single sentence paragraphs, that's why.

As always, embrace your weirdness and I'll see you in the next one shot.

- The Self Shipping Weirdo